× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VLAN Problem on MS510TX Switch

Reto1234
Aspirant

VLAN Problem on MS510TX Switch

Hi there

Probably I'm doing something wrong. I try to to create an additional VLAN and that is not working as expected. I  added a new VLAN ID 100, but as soon as I Set in the VLAN Membership the two ports with VLAN ID 100 to untagged and remove them in VLAN 1, they stop being able to ping themselves.

In the other hand as soon as I add VLAN 1 again (together with VLAN 100), the ping work like a charm. But what I want, is that people from the VLAN 100 cannot access devices on VLAN 1.

Maybe someone can help?

Model: MS510TX 8-Port

Software-Version: 6.7.0.30

Message 1 of 7
Reto1234
Aspirant

I solved the problem, by assigning in the PVID Configuration to the ports the same PVID than the VLAN ID.

Message 2 of 7
schumaku
Guru

The poet PVID does define the VLAN untagged frames flowing into a port are assigned to. Mandatory for any kind of access port. It does not magically follow the untagged port definition.
Message 3 of 7
Reto1234
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your reply. Another question I have at the moment is, how to configure the switch, if I have a Unifi AccessPoint that needs access to both of the vlans. Any idea?

Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Multiple VLAN on a link to an AP does indicate pure tagged VLAN for all VLANs, or a mix of an untagged and tagged connections.

Message 5 of 7
Reto1234
Aspirant

For what i've seen, as soon as I mark the Port as Tagged (for both VLANs), I cannot ping the AP anymore...

Message 6 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@Reto1234 wrote:

For what i've seen, as soon as I mark the Port as Tagged (for both VLANs), I cannot ping the AP anymore...

The management VLAN (this is holding the IP you test by ping) remains untagged on the other vendor AP.... That's why I mentioned the "or a mix of an untagged and tagged connections".

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements