× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VLAN Status shows non member ports

faliaga
Aspirant

VLAN Status shows non member ports

Hello. I already searched all the web but I can't find a solution.

After configuring some vlan's for some LAG's, and then removing those vlans from each switch ports, VLAN status still shows some of those vlan's in the ports.

For example, VLAN 66 was included only in LAG's 1, 2 & 3 (LACP) and it's not included in any switch port. However at VLAN->Switching->Vlan->Advance->VLAN Status it shows:

VLAN ID VLAN Name              VLAN Type Routing Interface Member Ports

66            dPG_vSAN_Tagged Static            0/14/5                   1/0/10, 1/0/15, lag 1 - lag 3

At VLAN->Switching->Vlan->Advance->"VLAN Tranking config", the port 1/0/10 shows "Trunk Allowed VLANs, 1" (Only the native/default vlan 1)

After a lot of research I download the switch config (Maintenance->Export->HTTP File Export->Text Configuration) and there I found:

interface 1/0/10
description 'Host_12_vmnic4_Gi1_PCI'
set igmp
no spanning-tree port mode
mtu 9216
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1
vlan tagging 14-15,66
lldp notification
exit

So, the web gui shows a different config than the downloaded text config file. Why? i) How to make both the same? ii) And how to remove from the web gui, for example, vlan 66 from port 1/0/10?

Please help 😞

Update: Deleting the vlan and then creating back with the all corresponding config.. fix the issue. However this is a production switch and there are some vlan's that I can't delete as it will break everything :S Please help. How to remove vlan's from the web gui without deleting.. and how to make both consistent both configs (web gui & text config).

Model: GSM4328S|M4300-28G - Stackable Managed Switch with 24x1G and 4x10G including 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: VLAN Status shows non member ports

@faliaga,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

What is the current firmware version of the M4300-28G switch?  If its not yet the latest version, I suggest you to update it.  The latest firmware version is v12.0.9.4 and you can download it here.  Then, observe if the same problem occurs.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
faliaga
Aspirant

Hello @DaneA . Thank you for your answer. It is already on the latest firmware:

M4300-28G ProSAFE 24-port 1G and 2-port 10GBASE-T and 2-port 10G SFP+, 12.0.9.4, B1.0.0.15

Any idea?
Thank you!

Fernando.

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@faliaga,

Thank you for your feedback.  As far as I have checked, there is no issue logged on the M4300-28G as per described on your post.  A way to double-check if the same settings are still applied is by checking it via console connection to the M4300-28G.  

Since you deleted the VLAN and re-configure the setting which fixed the problem, if ever the problem occurs again, I suggest you to open a chat or online support ticket with NETGEAR Support at anytime. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
faliaga
Aspirant

Thank you @DaneA 

Finally I configured the switch via ssh. There using cli commands I "fixed" the config making it the same as shown in the web gui. As this is a production (and only) switch, after fixed the config for one interface member of a lag, then I disable/enable the interface to "load" the new config. One by one interface.

So switch "fixed"...  and learned that the Netgear M4300-28G has "two running configs".. one it's the web one and the other the "internal" one :S Anoying.. Hope Netgear will fix this in the future.

Thank again,

Fernando.

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @faliaga 

For the two questions your mentioned:

i) How to make both the same? ii) And how to remove from the web gui, for example, vlan 66 from port 1/0/10?

Item1: For web GUI, go to 'Switching->VLAN->Advanced->VLAN Membership' page, then select VLAN ID to 60, you will see the port 1/0/10 is marked with 'T', that is mean this port is tagged to VLAN 66;

Item2: If you want to remove the port 1/0/10 from VLAN 66, please click the 'T' to blank. Then the port will be removed from VLAN 66 success;

And the CLI configration file should be same as web GUI display.

Hope it helps!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements