× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Want to bond two licensed WiFi links

malamaka
Follower

Want to bond two licensed WiFi links

Hi,

I want to bond two licensed wifi links together where each is now giving 500 mbps, I want a 1 gig link.

What do  you recommend using and how?

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Want to bond two licensed WiFi links

Hi @malamaka,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I want to bond two licensed wifi links together where each is now giving 500 mbps, 

You mentioned "wifi links" -  there is no option to bond wifi links.  It could be that you are referring to bond ethernet links on managed switches.  

I recommend you the M4300 series switches.  For more information, kindly access the link below: 

M4300 Intelligent Edge Series

Click also on the link below to check other NETGEAR ProSAFE Switches that might fit your network requirements:

NETGEAR Switch Selector

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Want to bond two licensed WiFi links

@malamaka wrote:

I want to bond two licensed wifi links together where each is now giving 500 mbps, I want a 1 gig link.

What do  you recommend using and how?

Assuming both wireless bridges have standard Ethernet interfaces, you can deploy any kind of switches supporting LAG (Link Aggregation Groups, bonding, ....) - even Smart Managed Plus switches or Smart Managed Pro switches could to the job. Head for dynamic LACP LAG ideally. Be aware you woj't get a full 1 Gb speed between the same systems (MAC addresses).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements