× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Betreff: Web management not available from slave stack member

AlexJoda
Aspirant

Web management not available from slave stack member

We have two M4300-12X12F Switches in a stacked configuration and setup a web management VLAN (4000) with the IP address 10.188.254.10/16. We are only able to reach the switch management from the stack master but not from a device connected to the slave stack member. We updated the firmware today from 12.0.2.9 to 12.0.2.10 but this behaviour stays the same as before. This is very annoying because we have redundant connections from several VMware servers to both switches in the stack and the administrations VMs are sometimes using the path to the slave switch which means that the switch management is not available. 

Message 1 of 4
AlexJoda
Aspirant

Betreff: Web management not available from slave stack member

Something to add: Sometimes it helps to initiate a stack failover to change the master in the stack and do that again to reverse the master to the original master switch. In this case we sometimes have access to the management vlan from both switches in the stack. But this behaviour is unpredictable and a stack restart could change it again....

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Web management not available from slave stack member

Hi AlexJoda,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

As far as I have double-checked, there are no issues on the M4300-12X12F switch as you have described on your initial post.  Since the two M4300-12X12F switches are stacked, kindly try to swap their roles wherein you will set the stack member as the new stack master and set the stack master to be the stack member.  Check if same problem will occur.  

Were you able to reset the M4300-12X12F switches after doing a firmware upgrade?  If not, I also suggest you to perform a factory reset on both switches then reconfigure it from scratch to start clean with the latest firmware.  Then, check if same problem will occur.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Betreff: Web management not available from slave stack member

@AlexJoda,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to try my suggestions? If yes, what are you observations?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements