× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XS728T DHCP relay support?

phenderson
Aspirant

XS728T DHCP relay support?

I recently purchased a XS728T to replace an old Cisco 2950.  After setting it up, I don't see a way to setup dhcp helper/forwarding on this switch.  Am I missing something?  My dhcp server is able to serve the vlan it's on but none of the other vlans are able to send requests to it.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: XS728T DHCP relay support?

It's realY an oddity  the XS708T, XS712Tv2, and XS716T for example have the DHCP Relay feature, while the MS510TX or XS728T/XS748T for example don't have it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

It's realY an oddity  the XS708T, XS712Tv2, and XS716T for example have the DHCP Relay feature, while the MS510TX or XS728T/XS748T for example don't have it.

Message 2 of 6
phenderson
Aspirant

Thanks for the info!  It's a nice switch, so it seems really strange that it wouldn't have that feature.

My LAN has ~15 vlans, so I really need this.  Do you happen to know of any workarounds to get it working without getting a different switch?  

I'm struggling to find another switch that has everything I need: 24 ethernet, minimum 2 SFPs, VLAN support and dhcp relay.  Do you happen to know if Netgear has a switch with those capabilities in a similar price range?

Thanks again!

Phil

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@schumaku wrote:

It's really an oddity  the XS708T, XS712Tv2, and XS716T for example have the DHCP Relay feature, while the MS510TX or XS728T/XS748T for example don't have it.

@YeZ can't a DHCP relay feature be enabled on these models now?

Message 4 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@phenderson 

I was in the same position with my MS510TX and MS510TXPP switches. My solution was to buy a couple of CISCO CBS350 switches (considerably less expensive) and demoting the NETGEAR switches to the L2 position where they really belong to.

Message 5 of 6
phenderson
Aspirant

Thanks for suggesting the CBS350's!  I think I'll have to make do with one of those for now.  I was hoping to get something that supports 10G copper links for this network but, with our supply chain issues, it looks like that won't happen...  Thanks again!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements