× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: gsm7248 v1 Firmware for XMODEM

bdowden
Follower

gsm7248 v1 Firmware for XMODEM

Hello.

I'm brand new to managed switches and I accidentally erased the permanent storage on the switch. After doing research it appears that I need an opr file to restore the firmware through XMODEM. Can someone help me out and provide a link to the latest opr firmware file?

Thanks!

Model: GSM7248v1|ProSAFE 48-port Layer 2 Gigabit L2 Ethernet Switch|EOL
Message 1 of 4
Evans-o
NETGEAR Expert

Hello bdowden,

Welcome to NETGEAR community!

Please search and download the frimware version for gsm7248 v1 through the link below:

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/#searchResults

Unzip it to find the release notes to help you with restoring / upgrading the firmware.

Let us know if this helped.

Thanks

Message 2 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bdowden, 

I have sent you a PM for a download link, see if the file will work for recovery. 

Thanks,

Message 3 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bdowden, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements