× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: m4300-28g - Is there a way to monitor throughput of a port in realtime?

l27
Guide
Guide

m4300-28g - Is there a way to monitor throughput of a port in realtime?

I would like to see a bandwidth meter for a port on the switch. Is ther and OOB way to do this?

Thanks,

John

Message 1 of 3
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi John

There are several ways of doing it. Maybe the most elegant way is NETGEAR Management System NMS300. NMS300 is actually free of charge up to 200 managed devices under it. You can download NMS300 here and install it on a PC or virtual machine equipped with Windows 32-bit or 64-bit. Then real time port utilization statistics are available per physical interfaces per M4300 switch. You can also set up Bandwidth utilization thresholds directly on links in your topology diagram (for instance 80% bandwidth utilization on a LAG between switches), so that you get flashing link alerts on your topology.

Maybe you are looking for more "industrial" bandwidth collection as I see you speak about OOB. You can refer to M4300 CLI Manual starting page 350 for Statistic Application Commands. You can create groups of ports, a schedule for statistics collection and then use simple commands such as (NETGEAR Switch) #show stats group port-utilization in order to see the percentage of bandwidth utilized per port or LAG (Page 355). You can receive these statistics via syslog or even per email per a schedule, should you want to set this up this way.

I am sure other members will join me and provide additional ways! Let us know if this can help you or if you're after something different?

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
l27
Guide
Guide

That's a lot of good info. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll start with the software you posted.

John

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements