× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

poe switch with enable/disable options

rfothergill
Follower

poe switch with enable/disable options

Hi, I'm looking for a 16 or 24 port Netgear switch with poe which allows me to disable the port or poe to the port via temnet commands. I have a GS728TP which would be perfect but I'm told the ports/poe can't be controlled via Telnet commands. Any suggestions?

It's for running standard poe Axis IP cameras with the ability to enable and disable the cameras from a third party Crestron control system via tenet commands.

thanks!

Message 1 of 2
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: poe switch with enable/disable options

Hi - thank you for your message.

You can consider a Fully Managed switch, with obviously better features including scripting capabilities via local console (serial), telnet or SSH. As the immediate fully managed version of your GS728TP Smart Managed Pro switch, I can advise the M4100 series, with the M4100-26G-PoE  (ordering SKU number GSM7226LP-100NES).

Using NETGEAR CLI within your installation, you can reach the M4100 management IP address and connect via Telnet. Simply enter your credential (admin user name for instance, unles you created some; and the switch password). Then enter Enable (with associated password if any), then Configure, then the Interface port number (or the range of port numbers), then the command Poe (enable PoE); or No poe (shut down PoE).

You will find the M4100 technical documentation here, including the M4100 CLI admin guide, as well as the M4100 installation guides.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements