× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

printer communication lost when changed switch to GS748Tv4H1

jj_mezlan
Aspirant

printer communication lost when changed switch to GS748Tv4H1

I repurposed a working netgear GS748Tv4H1 switch in our warehouse. Computers work fine, but all printers have lost communication. The ports show printers connected at 10 Mbsp half duplex. Have rebooted, updated firmware, changed from static to dhcp, changed to factory defaults, etc... nothing works. Had to put the unmanaged switch [with bad fan] back to be operational. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: printer communication lost when changed switch to GS748Tv4H1

Hello jj_mezlan, 

Welcome to the community! 

I would say this is weird since the printers are the only ones experiencing the issue. You have done most of the troubleshooting other than replacing cables, but I think you may have done that already. Now, I have a few questions for us to isolate your issue further: 

1. What are the model/brand name(s) of the printers? 

2. Does this happen on all ports on the switch? 

3. Where was the GS748Tv4 switch used? 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Thanks, ​

Message 2 of 3
jj_mezlan
Aspirant

Re: printer communication lost when changed switch to GS748Tv4H1

The GS748 was our main network switch. Due to the failing fan on the unmanaged switch in our warehouse and upgrading security on our network, I was able to repurpose the GS748. There is a fiber transceiver attached. Yes, I've changed the cables and tried several ports. I have 1 HP Laserjet 4515 and 3 Intermec 3400's. None of them communicate but I could see them on the switch at 10 Mbps Half Duplex. As I mentioned, all the computers work fine.

Thank you

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements