Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Re: Can’t buy art?!

Rowan2020
Follower

Can’t buy art?!

I recently bought a Meural in Australia. Three years membership comes with the purchase. However, when trying to buy art that isn’t part of the membership it doesn’t work. I have tried support to no avail. They raise a ticket and have said it is fixed when it is not. I am unable to add a payment method. Alarming that Netgear is unable to take my money. Has been over a month now. You would think it was a priority. Anyone else with this problem?
Message 1 of 51
KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello, 

Thank you for the message and reaching out. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our support team. We would like to get some more information from you regarding this matter. Can you please advise if you are receiving any type of error message when you attempt to purchase art? Also, what method of payment are you using? Do you have a Case # as well?

We look forward to your response as we definitely want to try and assist you with getting this addressed and fixed.

Regards,

Kevin K., NETGEAR Meural Community Team

Message 2 of 51
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Rowan2020 ,

I was able to locate some of the additional information we requested from you previously, including your case number(s). I have inquired with our internal team and learned that Australian Dollars (AUD) payment methods will be supported very soon. Unfortunately, there are no workarounds at this time. 

I am still investigating this issue further, as I have also been told Meural has not been officially launched in Australia. In order to investigate this issue further, can you please let us know where you purchased your Meural canvas? We'll work with the reseller directly to ensure a positive buying experience in the future. 

I appreciate your feedback, patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

Christine T.

Message 3 of 51
tonydryer
Tutor

This is amazing as I have exactly the same problem in the UK. I need to renew my membership but can’t as it says there is no payment method attached to my account and won’t let me add one. I have opened a case (41848541) but no one gets back to me. I’ve never known something been so hard to pay for. I’m wondering why I went all the way to New York to purchase the frame when the support is so poor. Please advise.
Message 4 of 51
schumaku
Guru

@ChristineT  again please ... thank you!

Message 5 of 51
miz59
Aspirant

Same here in Japan.  I have high hopes for the support brings some solution.

Message 6 of 51
KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tonydryer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have learned that British Pounds (GBP) payment methods will be supported very soon. Unfortunately, there are no workarounds at this time. 

I am still investigating this issue further, as I have also been told Meural has not been officially launched in England. In order to investigate this issue further, can you please let us know where you purchased your Meural Canvas in New York? We'll work with the reseller directly to ensure a positive buying experience in the future and answer any questions in person customers may have before making a purchase.

I appreciate your feedback, patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

Message 7 of 51
KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello miz59,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have learned that Japanese Yen (JPY) payment methods should be supported very soon. Unfortunately, there are no workarounds at this time. 

I am still investigating this issue further, as I have also been told Meural has not been officially launched in Japan yet. In order to investigate this issue further, can you please let us know where you purchased your Meural Canvas? We'll work with the reseller directly to ensure a positive buying experience in the future and answer any questions in person customers may have before making a purchase.

I appreciate your feedback, patience and understanding. Thanks again for contacting us.

Best Regards,

Message 8 of 51
tonydryer
Tutor

I’m sorry Kevin but whoever is giving you this information is totally wrong.

Why would the Meural not have been officially released in the UK yet when it has been available in Selfridges (a very famous department store in London) for months.

I went to New York and bought mine in Macy's purely because I went on holiday there and with the exchange rate it was much cheaper.

I was able to set up my membership last year using my UK debit card so why can I not do so now.

My membership is due to expire in one day’s time and I desperately do not want to lose the playlists I have built up and use the new Game of thrones channel.

Can you not extend our memberships until it is possible to pay using our cards so I don’t lose the functionality of the great Meural canvas.

Please help.
Message 9 of 51
ChristineT
Admin

Good afternoon @tonydryer ,

I have confirmed with our Subscription Program Manager that we are now able to accept payment methods based in the UK. Can you please try again and let me know if you encounter any errors?

For your subscription to automatically renew you'll need to add a paymenet method to your my.meural.com account.

1. Log into my.meural.com from a web browser
  2. Click on your Profile icon
  3. Select Account Settings
  4. Select Payment Method
  5. Click Add Card
  6. Enter your credit card information 
  7. Click Save

Kind Regards,

Christine

Message 10 of 51
tonydryer
Tutor

Hi Christine,

many thanks for your help. 

Ive logged in and tried again to add a card but as before there is still no option to add a card within payment method. 

Could i I not just send my card details to you guys to add it manually (as I said it’s very close to completely expiring). 

Message 11 of 51
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @tonydryer ,

Please send me the card details via private message and I'll do my best to get it added from the backend. Typically, we do not do this as it's a less secure way of handling your credit card information but I do understand the urgency of the situation! Is it possible for you to send me a screenshot of the screen you're seeing? I'll like to give this directly as evidence there is an issue that requires further investigation. Especially, since I can't replicate the issue you're experiencing as I'm in a different locale. 😞

Thank you very much for your patience as we work through this.

Warm Regards,

Christine

Message 12 of 51
tonydryer
Tutor

Please see attached a screen shot. As you can see there is no button to add a payment method. 

Message 13 of 51
ChristineT
Admin

Good day @tonydryer ,

Thanks for the screenshot! This is very helpful! Unfortunately, our billing services department is out of the office for the day but I've already sent the additional information so they'll have it to investigate first thing in the morning Pacific Time.

One more question, what happens when you click on "Memberships"? Does it allow you to add a membership to your cart?

Best Regards,

Christine

Message 14 of 51
Josh_R
Tutor

Hi @ChristineT @Rowan2020 @tonydryer 

Im based in Australia and I'm in the same boat as other in this thread, Im unable to add a payment method as there is no button or option under Payment method just a blank screen.

In regards to the Membership there is no option to add the membership and the change plan option is locked out. I presume this is because there is a 3 year membership included in the purchase of the Meural please see screenshots attached. 

The Meural is available in Australia via all major retailers, as I purchased mine from one of Australia’s biggest retailers last month, 

Link below as examples of retailers of the Meural,

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/netgear-meural-27-inch-wifi-smart-art-frame-black.html

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/meural-canvas-27-wi-fi-smart-art-frame-leonora-black

I have been finding the ineligibility in adding a payment method frustrating as there has been quite a few featured collections I would love to send to my canvas which are $0.00 but Im unable as this require my payment method which I’m unable to be add as its "not Avalible in Australia", I have uploaded a screen shot as an example of the $0.00 work requiring a payment method. 

After spending over $1000 AUD on a premium product I would off liked a device with all the features supported as advertised. 

I hope the above info helps and please reach out if I can assist with further information.

Josh

I have had to stitch the screenshots together as one screenshot to upload them to the forum 🙂

Message 15 of 51
Josh_R
Tutor

Forgot to mention my Device was Purchased from Harvey Norman in Australia.

Message 16 of 51
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Josh_R,

Thank you very much for sharing the details of your Meural purchase. I'll need to consult with a few of our internal teams and get back to you with my findings.

I appreciate your patience while this is being investigated! 🙂

Kind  Regards,

Christine 

Message 17 of 51
gMeural
Guide

I'm having the same issue. Bought the Canvas in Switzerland and can't purchase anything in the members store.

The Annual Membership seems to be a swiss one because it's named "Meural Annual Membership CH", the price is also showed in Swiss Francs.

So I don't really understand why I can't purchase it.

Please advise.

Message 18 of 51
DarkUniverse
Tutor

Same here in Switzerland (CHF).

Very strange that a company like Netgear is not able to use a normal payment provider. This should be today a default feature and nothing we have to discuss in the forum for month without a global solution.

Message 19 of 51
KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello gMeural & DarkUniverse,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have learned that Swiss Franc payment methods (just like other currencies) will be supported very soon. Unfortunately, there are no workarounds at this time. 

Our team is aware of this issue and currently looking into this. They are trying to fix this as soon as possible.

I appreciate your feedback, patience and understanding. We should have an update with more information soon.

Best Regards,

Message 20 of 51
gMeural
Guide

Hi Kevin

This is really ridiculous. I spend 850 Swiss francs for a product from a global company like netgear and you guys are not able to accept international payments. Do you have an estimate when this issue will be fixed?

Best

Giuseppe

Message 21 of 51
KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Giuseppe,

I understand your frustration and please know that we want to work with you in getting this resolved. However, this is something that takes time to be addressed by our engineers.

We do not have an estimate at this time when this will be fixed. I can follow-up with you once we have an update or more information.

Thanks again for telling us how disappointing this is and that you would like to see this fixed as soon as possible.

Regards,

Kevin K., NETGEAR Meural Community Team

Message 22 of 51
DarkUniverse
Tutor

International payment is solved since many years. You don't need any "engineers" for this.

Message 23 of 51
tonydryer
Tutor

Guys,

The one thing I have picked up from this forum is that the customer service from Meural / Netgear is very poor.

Why sell something in a country where the Purchasers can only use 50% (I still can’t see the Game of Thrones channel) of its capabilities. Apparently you now take UK Debit and Credit cards but I still cannot see a button marked add new payment in accounts.

After speaking to people on numerous occasions and still not had a resolution I’ve actually given up now.

The hardware is good and I’ve started to create my own playlists.

Not sure I can trust Netgear again.
Model: MC227| Meural Canvas
Message 24 of 51
DarkUniverse
Tutor

Acutally the original Meural Support was good and international payment was never a problem. Basically it just worked.

The problem started as Netgear took control.

1) Migrating the customer data

I recieved repeatedly over weeks phantom emails welcoming me as a new customer and such stuff.

2) International Payment

Not able to add a Credit Card for the next subscription.

3) Support in German

First Respond: Not even looking at the content, just sending a default response talking about nonsens stuff.

Second Respond: After I complaind, they wanted me to answer some questions. But they didn't even asked a question. And still not speaking about the resported problem.

Third Respond: No third respond, now the German support guy is upset and didn't responded anymore.

Message 25 of 51
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 50 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays