Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Re: Can’t buy art?!

KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tonydryer,

Thank you for the comments and feedback regarding these issues. The reason why you cannot purchase the Game of Thrones content is because it has not been made available to customers outside of the United States. That will be available to other regions at a later date.

We are forwarding all your comments to the Meural team and appreciate the valuable feedback.

Regards,

Kevin K., NETGEAR Meural Community Team

Message 26 of 51
1drscott
Initiate

anyone know  of any update on this issue?

fwiw, I'm in the US, made my purchase in the US, account is in the US...,  and I'm unable to purchase art, and unable to add a payment method on the 'my account' page, as there's no option to do so.

thanks-

Message 27 of 51
KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello 1drscott,

Thank you for the message. If you are having issues with your Meural account, please contact support for further assistance.

Regards,

Message 28 of 51
gMeural
Guide

Good luck with that 1drscott. 😉
Message 29 of 51
DarkUniverse
Tutor

Yeah 1drscott, forgett Netgear support.

My case is open since weeks and they are still asking for my personal network infrastructure and such stuff (how is this related with the problem?). They totally miss the topic and basically just try you to quit the conversation.

There is no will to solve the problem and no kind of professional knowledge.

Message 30 of 51
tonydryer
Tutor

This is exactly my experience as well.
Stopped trying now and my Meural is just a giant digital photo frame on my wall.
A great product ruined by horrendous support.
Model: MC227| Meural Canvas
Message 31 of 51
KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello everyone,

If you are having issues and not satisfied with the support you received, please send us a private message (through Facebook, for example)with your case number and contact information. We can then escalate you to our Customer Care Team to see if they can assist you.

I look forward to hearing from you and trying to get you further assistance.

Regards,

Kevin K., NETGEAR Team

Message 32 of 51
1drscott
Initiate

Hey all-

So, I couldn't buy art because it seemed that there wasn't a credit card associated with my account.  On my 'account settings' page, under 'payment method', there was no option to 'add a payment method'. For this particular problem, I figured out a 'work-around'.  Don't know if it will work for everyone, but here's what I did:  From the main 'Netgear' page, I went to the 'store', then 'digital canvases', then 'membership'.  Essentially, I was going thru the motions of purchasing an annual membership, even though I already have one.  After selecting 'annual membership', you'll get to the 'checkout' page, where the three final sections are 'your subscription plan', 'your billing info', and finally, 'PAYMENT INFORMATION'.  I filled in the payment information, but then stopped - I didn't go on to complete the transaction (I figured that the worst case scenario, I'd just have another year subscription added on to my existing one, but that didn't happen).  Finally, I went back to 'my account' settings thru the 'my.meural' page, and the credit card info that I had entered earlier was now listed here. And yes, I was then able to buy art for the frame.  A bit of a lengthy work-around, which of course shouldn't be necessary, but...   In the abscence of 'official' support, thought I'd share.  Hope it helps somebody.

Message 33 of 51
gMeural
Guide

See, thats again the problem. Clearly you have a bigger Issue with support. All the people in this thread are very unsatisfied with the support in regards to meural.

I don't really get it why you are sending us one by one to Facebook (*ironyon* which by the way is  the best possible platform i can think of  for handly issues like this *ironyoff* ) instead of taking responsibility and by saying guys, I'm going to escalate this with the higher management.

we are all sitting on a product that costs 850 usd and can't use it like its meant to be.

Message 34 of 51
DarkUniverse
Tutor

My case is still open, for one month now. Without any progres. 

The german supporter Damian is still trying to find evidence that everything is my personal fault.

He is consequently ignoring every helpful information like this thread and continues to ask about non-relevant things.

@KevinJ_KSorry Kevin, but this kind of support is ridiculous. Even your "contribution" was completely for nothing. Nothing changed, nothing improved.

I really wish back the times where Meural was in charge of everything. Since Netgear took over, it's just plain xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Message 35 of 51
DarkUniverse
Tutor

reward.png

You've replied to 5 posts. You're starting to get the hang of the community, Awesome!

I just got rewarded for my complain. Sensational! So many thanks to Netgear. I dedicate this "awsome" moment to my Netgear supporter Damian. Without him, this would have never been possible.

Message 36 of 51
KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DarkUniverse,

Thank you for the update and feedback. I will be sure to pass this along. I attempted to escalate you to a English speaking representative as you requested. However, that was their decision to escalate you back to Damian. Unfortunately, we do not have any updates or additional information to provide at this time regarding customers in Europe and other regions throughout the world still not able to purchase art with a credit card.

Once we get an update or solution from the product managers or engineers who are working on a solution to the billing issue, we will provide an update. Regrettably, it looks like that might not be until some time in early 2020.

At this time, since you are getting nowhere with Damian, I would suggest you asked to be escalated to someone above him like a manager or supervisor since you are so unhappy with the service he has provided up to this point and the way he has treated you.

Regards,

Message 37 of 51
DarkUniverse
Tutor

What I really don't get (aside of the really poor support), why there is a payment issue at all.

Under the management of the small startup Meural, it was no discussion at all. It simply worked. For everybody. Worldwide.

Then a worldwide active company took over the control and ... you need engineers and month of work to support one additional country. Some kind of absurd, no?

And yes Kevin, I asked Damian already to hand over my case to someone with more knowledge about this issue. But he continued with his investigation about my user-driven fault.

Message 38 of 51
DarkUniverse
Tutor

The problem is still not solved.

Since my last post, Netgear managed to fixed the credit card page, but with really stupid mistakes in the HTML code.

As a reaction to my next complain, Netgear removed the page completely. Now a new page is available, but neither my address, nor the credit card can be saved.

The address generates a general error, the credit card page a CloudFront 403 error.

I never imaged how weak Netgear is in providing working software. Imaging your router has the same quality!!!

And nobody at Netgear seems to care about this.

==============================================

403 ERROR The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)

Message 39 of 51
Josh_R
Tutor

I had an issue where I was finally able to add my payment method (it still wouldn’t let me purchase anything) then a month later received 4 credit card expiry notices via email then when I log in to update the details of the card I now get the same “ 403 ERROR The request could not be satisfied” as above.
Message 40 of 51
gMeural
Guide

Clearly they don't give a f...

First user reported the problem in october, a lot of people in november and here we are on the doors of february 2020.

Not being able / not willing to solve a simple software problem in 3 months tells how they care about they customers around the world.

Message 41 of 51
DarkUniverse
Tutor

UPDATE 27-JAN-2020

Finally Netgear managed to deploy a fix ... shipping adress and payment method (credit card) can now be entered.

And ... a test purchase really worked. 

Strange feeling ... it's really working now????

Message 42 of 51
KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DarkUniverse,

Thank you for the update and to everyone else's feedback. We apologize for the amount of time it took to get a fix to the billing issue regarding payment and entering information such as a shipping address. 

We hope the issue is no resolved for our valued customers around the world and sincerely apologize again for how long it took to get this matter resolved. We will try to do better in the future.

Also, your comments and negative feedback has been noted and forwarded to the product manager.

Regards,

NETGEAR Meural Community Team

Message 43 of 51
Xguy
Initiate

Tried to buy art today, and when I tried to add my credit card info, it keeps telling me invalid card info. I tried three cards, put all info in correctly including billing address. Is Netgear aware of this issue?

Thanks
Message 44 of 51
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Xguy ,

I have reached out to our billing department and they have reviewed your account and asked that you try again. I'm requesting additional details and I'll provide an update if there is any further insight I can provide to the group.

Thanks for your participation in this discussion! 

Best,

ChristineT

Message 45 of 51
Xguy
Initiate

Thanks,

I tried again last night to purchase art, and I was successful.
Message 46 of 51
Kashvyas
Aspirant

Payment method wont update. Cant buy any art. Credit card is from US.
Model: MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 47 of 51
atfr2006
Initiate

I experienced the same problem.  I am in the United States.   I see the last 4 digits of my credit card, when I click on the arrow, there is no card associated to the account.  I then added another card, it does not show up either.  They are losing money if they don't allow people to buy.  I called customer service, they are so incompetent!  They had no idea and passed me to at least 5 people but still no one can get into the account and look at the payment issue.  Very disappointed.  Here is a case number #43918644.  They need better software developers.  It is software issue!!!!

Message 48 of 51
Kashvyas
Aspirant

Totally unacceptable. Will never buy their product. Whoever is reading this please don’t buy the meural frame until this has totally resolved.
Model: MC321| Meural Canvas II
Message 49 of 51
tonydryer
Tutor

Given up on their ridiculous membership scheme now and just use it to upload art onto it.
Still love the technology it’s just since Netgear came along they managed to stuff the software up royally.
Message 50 of 51
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 50 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays