Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Does the Meural Canvas II have a dual voltage adapter?

VancouverCanada
Aspirant

Does the Meural Canvas II have a dual voltage adapter?

Hi there,
I’m wondering if the adapter supplied with the Meural Canvas II supports dual voltage—basically if I purchase and then move to a country that has higher voltage, will this still work? (I realize I’ll need the appropriate outlet adapter).
Thanks
Message 1 of 11
NG_Team
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Does the Meural Canvas II have a dual voltage adapter?

yes, the Meural II power adapter are dual voltage.

Message 2 of 11
Muzza3
Aspirant

This question is critical to me - I need to be 100% sure a Meural Canvas 2 purchased from Amazon USA work with 230 volt power in New Zealand (appreciate the plug will need to be different).

Message 3 of 11
yumsus
Initiate

I just got a Meural Canvas 2 from the US (model no: MC327BL-100PAS) and the power adaptor only lists support for 100-120V (see picture).

This is disappointing as the advise received above from @NG_Team is not correct.

I'm going to contact Netgear support to ask if there is a power supply available that works for the Canvas 2 (as the one shipped with the unit is not rated for AU or NZ).

I hope this information helps, and be aware for the model number listed.

Model: MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 4 of 11
VancouverCanada
Aspirant

Sorry to hear that. That is disappointing, as it appeared from the previous comment that there wouldn’t be a voltage issue. Would be great to hear the follow up from Netgear.
Thanks for the message and photo.
Message 5 of 11
Muzza3
Aspirant

The Meural is a 12 volt device - if the plug supplied is 110 volt all you need to do is buy a 230v to 12v plug/cable for $20 or so. 

Message 6 of 11
VancouverCanada
Aspirant

Thanks for noting the option. It would be much easier if there was one supplied plug that could handle both voltages, like most modern electronics. Especially since the product is sold in places with different voltages. Maybe next model.
Message 7 of 11
Fanisp
Aspirant

Did you find a solution? I am on the same boat. I brought it to Europe and not sure what to do - I am afraid to plug it and cant find an adapter that fits the back the same - any help will be appreciated. 

Message 8 of 11
VancouverCanada
Aspirant

It’s not clear if newer models will include an adapter for both voltages (but should). The only other option is to search online for the correct adapter. A specific adapter wasn’t listed, but it might be worth a shot at looking on AliExpress or Amazon. I haven’t purchased a Canvas yet, a result of the overlooked adapter issue. Let us know the specific model if you do find one that’s sufficient! Thanks.
Message 9 of 11
richgriff
Aspirant

I have just purchased a MC327LW Canvas II and can confirm it works fine in the UK which has a 240V power supply. I'd now like to connect to a socket already in the wall behind another photo frame I already had so need to know if the voltage adapter is in the plug or in the unit, does anyone know?
Model: MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 10 of 11
VancouverCanada
Aspirant

The voltage adapter would be in the plug, usually the box-like part of the power plug.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays