Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Fill Mode settings on Meural Canvas 2

AKWeb
Aspirant

Fill Mode settings on Meural Canvas 2

Is anyone able to change the Fill Mode settings on their Meural Canvas 2? I would like to be able to view the artwork in "Contain" or "As is" modes, but the only option that seems to work is "Auto". I was sent a second Canvas from Netgear to solve this problem, but this one has the same issue. I'm beginning to think this advertised option is not an option at all.

Model: MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 1 of 5
svetaketu
Luminary

Re: Fill Mode settings on Meural Canvas 2

Hi @AKWeb,

I just tested mine and the different Fill Mode options works.

Can you at least select the "Contain" and "As Is" options?

Is the issue only with certain photos/artworks?

Is the issue only present when the canvas is horizontal /vertical mode only?

Are the pictures are within the specified formats:https://kb.netgear.com/000060767/Which-image-and-video-formats-does-the-Meural-Canvas-support 

Message 2 of 5
svetaketu
Luminary

BTW, also try updating the software on your canvas, im on 2.2.7_2.0.12.

Message 3 of 5
AKWeb
Aspirant

Thank you for your response, svetaketu.

My Meural app says I am up to date, with version 2.2.7. The problem happens with all of the artwork, but not with my own photos. When I try to change the fill mode to either "Contain" or "As is", I get a message that says my settings have been updated, but nothing happens on the canvas. I even use the very picture that is shown in the Meural app to demonstrate the different fill modes, Hokusai's 'Great Wave'. In all the different fill modes, the picture looks the same. It fills the frame in a cropped 16:9 aspect ratio, rather than with black bars on the sides or all around. I was sent a replacement Canvas due to this issue, but the new one has the same problem. I guess I could be doing something wrong, but so far none of their technicians have been able to tell me what that might be.

Message 4 of 5
AKWeb
Aspirant

Also svetaketu, the problem happens in both vertical and horizontal orientations, and the images are the artwork Meural provides with membership, so I assume they are in the correct format.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays