Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Re: Meural 220 volt

Kuusiri
Aspirant

Meural 220 volt

Attention! If you are buying the Canvas and want to take it to a 220 volt - country (e.g. Europe), the power adapter does NOT support 220v. I had asked the technical support and they gave wrong info. I took the Canvas to Finland an am now stuck with only bad solutions. They wont reply to my emails or give any compensation. Heres their email: CCN : 42205219
Talked to Risto.
Informed customer that the power adapter will work for both 110V and 220V output.
Model: MC227| Meural Canvas
Message 1 of 6
KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Kuusiri,

Thank you for the message. We would request that you contact our support team so you can be escalated. 

Regards,

NETGEAR Meural Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Kuusiri
Aspirant

Case: 42235877
Dear!
I've done it many times, both by phone and mail. One apologized and said he would speak to his supervisor and would get back to me a week ago. Nothing yet. Enclosed please find the wrong info based on which I purchased the product and exported it to Finland.

Then 2 times I received a Danish email (I'm Finnish. We dont speak Danish in Finland), with a link that is broke.

I must say, the seem to be rather useless, other than reading pre- written sentences from a paper.

Best regards,

Risto
Message 3 of 6
KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Kuusiri (Risto),

Thank you for your message. We have escalated this issue to our Customer Care Team. Someone from that team will assist you with your complaint as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and cooperation in regards to this matter.

Regards,

NETGEAR Team

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@Kuusiri wrote:
Attention! If you are buying the Canvas and want to take it to a 220 volt - country (e.g. Europe), the power adapter does NOT support 220v. 

This is very common - if not the de-facto standard for devices sold in the US or North America market. Nothing new to Meural: Typical risk if buying electronics abroad. Some community members state that the 110...120V adapters can be used on the usual 230 V e.g. in Europe - as the internals of the switched power supplies are very similar. However, in my opinion that advise is almost criminal (EU laws!!!).

@Kuusiri wrote:
I had asked the technical support and they gave wrong info. I took the Canvas to Finland an am now stuck with only bad solutions. They wont reply to my emails or give any compensation.

Products are sold and offered to standards applicable to the original market. This applies also to power supplies.

@Kuusiri wrote:
Informed customer that the power adapter will work for both 110V and 220V output.

Here things become complex. If you ask the European and probably even the Asia support, they will give you the same answer. And they are correct. Meural (and many other Netgear devices) intended for these markets are coming with another model packaging number, these come e.g as MC327HW-10000S ... where the -10000S does indicate universal market applicability. I guess your North Amrican unit has a -100NAS designation. And that makes the difference.

This is a (bad, sorry) picture if a Meural -10000S power supply and adpaters to fit AC wallplates for many standards in the box:

Meural-10000S.JPG

Remains the logistical (and financial) challenge to provide you with such a kit. Or you look into a 110/120V->230V transformer.

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Looks like -100PAS is the version sold in the US.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays