Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Meural Canvas II MC327 keeps disconnecting, and more

jimk1963
Luminary

Meural Canvas II MC327 keeps disconnecting, and more

Own 3 Meural Canvas II's. All 3 are connected over WiFi to Orbi WiFi 6 satellite.

Meural's frequently go Offline, and getting them to reconnect is very painful. 

Two Meural's have inconveniently located AC power plug locations, so I can't easily unplug them on a whim. So please don't go there... yet.

With all 3, once they go Offline there is no simple way to get them back Online. I've tried:

- Power button on the side. Usually does nothing to force reconnect

- Restart WiFi - executes, but still doesn't connect

- Re-run setup - UGH!!!  Reads the QR code, but iPhone won't connect to Meural WiFi because it wants a PASSWORD... what password?? If it's some factory-made up name like Netgear does for routers, where do I find it?? If it's on the back of my Meural, that will really suck because these things are hard to get at due to a piano in the way. Tried "password", nope. Tried my original WiFi password, nope. 

After 3 months of disconnects, I'm really tired of this behavior. Please advise, thanks!

Message 1 of 3
NG_Team
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Meural Canvas II MC327 keeps disconnecting, and more

If all of the Meurals are disconnecting from your router, this indicates that there is a problem with your router, and you should contact your router manufacturer for help with the router.

For rerunning the setup on your Meural canvas, you can try running the manual setup instead of using the QR code to connect.  You will need to write down the serial numbers ofr each of your canvases, and when you rerun the setup choose manual instead of QR code, then it will ask you for the serial number of the canvas.

Regards,

Meural Team

Message 2 of 3
jimk1963
Luminary

Re: Meural Canvas II MC327 keeps disconnecting, and more

@NG_Team wrote:

If all of the Meurals are disconnecting from your router, this indicates that there is a problem with your router, and you should contact your router manufacturer for help with the router.

For rerunning the setup on your Meural canvas, you can try running the manual setup instead of using the QR code to connect.  You will need to write down the serial numbers ofr each of your canvases, and when you rerun the setup choose manual instead of QR code, then it will ask you for the serial number of the canvas.

Regards,

Meural Team

Am quite familiar with NTGR routers and would know if the Orbi was having issues. With 70+ devices on my home network, only the Meurals are going down (and regularly). There could be an interopreability problem but both products are NTGR so back to you... Also, for the record this happens with both Orbi (11ac) and Orbi 6 (11ax) systems. 

Re: manual setup, please consider that Meurals might be hung in places that aren't convenient for taking down from the wall to record numbers on the back of it. Would be helpful if the product included the serial number in its menu - like is done with QR codes.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays