Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Meural Canvas II | SD cards and playlists.

scmarti
Tutor

Meural Canvas II | SD cards and playlists.

Hello,

Need some help with SD cards.

1.  How many folders can be created on the SD card?

• I see some posts saying you can have 2, 3, or 4 folders on the SD card (e.g meural1, meural2, meural3, and meural4). 
  • I have two canvases and both have SD cards with 4 folders.  However both canvases only display meural1 and meural2 via the Meural Browse feature (i.e., meural3 and meural4 are not displayed)

1.  Is is possible to create playlist from photos in the meural1 SD folder?  I would like to schedule when the photos on my SD card display on my meural.  Seems this needs to be done via a playlist but I can't find that in the Scheduler tool.

Thanks,

Shawn

Message 1 of 3
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Meural Canvas II | SD cards and playlists.

Hello Scmarti,

I understand that you are not able to see folders 3 and 4 via the Meural browse feature. 

Please follow the instructions listed below for creating folders on the SD card:

• Make sure that your memory card is formatted in one of the following formats:
    • FAT32
    • exFAT
    • ext4

• Create up to four folders, one for each playlist, in the root directory of your memory card.

The folders must be named meural1meural2meural3, and meural4. The folder names are case-sensitive. Each folder is its own playlist.

• Copy your images and videos into your chosen playlist folder.

For example: The thumbnail for a file named italy.jpg must be named italy.jpg.thumb

File names must be used in alphanumeric characters only. Thumbnails must be 120 pixels x 68 pixels for horizontal images and 68 pixels x 120 pixels for vertical. Thumbnail names must be formatted as [filename].[filetype].thumb

• Turn your Meural off and on again.
  • Your Meural checks for new images and videos on memory cards when it restarts.
  • Wave down to access the menu and select Browse.
  • The new playlists are displayed at the top.

Please follow the instructions listed below for scheduling when the photos on the SD card display:

• Navigate to my.meural.com > click on the user icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
  • Next, click on Canvases.
  • Then in the upper right-hand corner of the next screen, click on Scheduler.

More information can be found at: 

https://kb.netgear.com/000064426/How-do-I-add-images-or-videos-to-a-memory-card-for-my-Meural

https://kb.netgear.com/000060762/How-do-I-use-the-scheduler-on-my-Meural-Canvas

Please let me know if this helps!

Best,

Kevin

Message 2 of 3
scmarti
Tutor

Re: Meural Canvas II | SD cards and playlists.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the response.  The responses are similar to other KB articles.

The response doesn't address why both my Meurals see only 2 folders (meural1 and meural2), but do not display the other two folders (meural3 and meural4).  They SD cards are formatted to the specs provided.

The other item not addressed is using the playlists (i.e. meural1 and meural2) and the scheduler tool.  I can see the meural1 and meural2 playlists when I wave down and browse a suggested.  However, I do not see these playlist when I go to use the scheduler tool located at https://my.meural.netgear.com/.  I would like to schedule my meural1 and meural2 playlists to play at certain times of the day.  However, when I go to schedule a playlist there is not an option to select the meural1 and meural2 playlists.  

Thanks for the help.

Shawn

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays