Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Re: Meural Factory Reset

Notorious
Star

Meural Factory Reset

Has anyone had the guts to try the Factory Reset on a Meural Canvas II?  I've had nothing but trouble with mine and am tired of wasting my time.  So I thought that while waiting 4-6 weeks for an actual solution from Support, I'd try a reset.  My fear is that it'll take me back to where I have to reauthorize/register, etc.  When I did this the first time, nothing worked right, I could not access my account yet was being charged for things I didn't want.

This product is physically appealing, but the software must have been designed by the company president's 10-year old son--and poorly at that.  There is no excuse for this buggy software, and I refuse to be their beta tester.

Next trial will be getting a Return Merchandise Authorization.  I'm glad I saved the box.

(And no, I am not a stupid old fart.  I'm old, sure, but I bought my first computer  in 1980, have run multinational websites, and am now the head of a small IT department  I know how things work.  This product fails every test and SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN RELEASED.)

Model: MC321| Meural Canvas II
Message 1 of 16
MeOrMeural
Initiate

Same issues.  I have a couple of these.  When changing the wifi password the screen went into noman's land  .. sorry.. "no-person's...i don't want to get canceled here.

My support is expired, i do not have confidence if i pay for support it will get solved so...I pretty much have two frames that display a purple screen.

I will keep them up for the ho;idays as conversation pieces when neighbors come over  🙂

*Yes I followed the NetGear instructions..

Best of luck to all of you that change you wifi password !

Model: MC227| Meural Canvas
Message 2 of 16
Notorious
Star

The only way I got support was by posting @MeetMeural on Twitter.  That didn't actually get support, but they DID ask for contact info and the opportunity to schedule a call.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 16
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello MeOrMeural,

Welcome to the community May you send me a private message with the following info and I'll see if support can reach out to you. 

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact Time: (including time zone)

Regards,

Christian 

Message 4 of 16
biswasg
Tutor

Am unable to reconnect my Meural 227. 

It was working fine till yesterday, when I disconnected the power supply to change the position. After reconnecting to power, the Meural does not work. The screen seems to energise but remains grey.

Trying to do a factory reset. Tried couple of times but did not succeed. Not sure, if I pressed the reset button correctly or if there is a different procedure.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Message 5 of 16
Notorious
Star

Make sure that you have the proper format of image.  Meural doesn't tell you that if you have a horizontal image, the Canvas II will only show it if the Canvas is positioned horizontally.  Same for vertical.  I wasted a lot of time until figuring this out.  Did you get the rotating mounting plate so you can position the Canvas either way?

Message 6 of 16
biswasg
Tutor

Thanks for your reply. Actually, my Meural was working fine for the last 2 years, always in the horizontal format. However, yesterday, I disconnected it as i installed the rotating mount. However, since I connected the power supply back, I am seeing a blank screen. I can sense that it powers on as the screen slightly illuminates, but remains blank grey.

So trying to factory reset to start again.

Message 7 of 16
Notorious
Star

Just to make sure, perhaps you should

1. Restart your Canvas, either by using the button on the frame or by unplugging and plugging it in again. 
  2. Then use "Send to Canvas" to send one horizontal image.
  3. Then (if screen is still gray after 60 seconds or so) restart Canvas again.
  4. Cross your fingers.

Did you have any luck contacting Meural via the info they provided?  Support is shockingly bad. Like a lot of other companies, they're trying to increase profits by outsourcing support to other struggling users.  Shame on them.

Message 8 of 16
biswasg
Tutor

Have tried almost everything. Will again try but it seems I have lost the Wifi connection between the Meural and the App.

Tried support through live chat, but no response, even after waiting for a long time. Will try phone, but fear it will be a long wait especially as I am in Switzerland.

Message 9 of 16
Notorious
Star

Well, see if you can get the WiFi network issue sorted; that may be the whole problem.  If still no luck, perhaps you can try posting a critique @ Mural on Twitter.  They seem toat least have someone monitoring for "bad press."  Seriously, this bunch of dimwits are going to kill a great product just because they can't be bothered by their customers.  

Good luck!

@biswasg wrote:

Have tried almost everything. Will again try but it seems I have lost the Wifi connection between the Meural and the App.

Tried support through live chat, but no response, even after waiting for a long time. Will try phone, but fear it will be a long wait especially as I am in Switzerland.

Message 10 of 16
biswasg
Tutor

I succeeded resetting the Meural to get teh Wifi running and now linked to my Meural App. However, I can still not see anything other than the dark grey screen. I followed the steps you suggested but no luck. Many thanks for trying to help me out.

I have been trying to reach the support, but to no avail yet.

Message 11 of 16
Notorious
Star

Thank you so much for letting me know.  Sorry I was unable to help. I'll keep thinking about it and let you know if I come up with any better ideas.

Message 12 of 16
bonnie1man
Initiate

We've had this for several years - lately it would keep going off necessitating a factory reset (model with button on the back) - we've reset it so many times that the little reset button broke off - now what do we do?  It came on for a second at an easier outlet to do this reset procedure but when we unplugged it and plugged it back in the desired wall location - it never came on again - then we broke the reset button trying to reset it yet again.  Please advise.  

Message 13 of 16
monet-924
Aspirant

I had that problem of new canvases not showing up on my Meural, so I followed your directions and they worked. Thanks.

Model: MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 14 of 16
Notorious
Star

Glad I could help.  

I don't understand why Meural doesn't provide new owners with the basic information they need to  make it work, apparently not understanding that even if something is obvious to them, it may nevertheless not be obvious to others.  

OTHER PEOPLE WITH THIS PROBLEM:

The funky Canvas II software requires a horizontally formatted image to display when the frame is in the horizontal position.  If it finds only vertically formatted images, is just won't show anything.  Same thing for vertical.  If the frame is in the vertical position, it has to have access to an image that is also formatted to be vertical--else it will show nothing.

Message 15 of 16
Ken6432-1
Guide

@Notorious  There is a setting that changes this behavior.  Under the General section of the Canvas Settings in the app (at least in the Android app) there is a setting called Orientation Match.  If you turn this to Off, the Canvas II will display all images no matter what the orientation of the picture or the Canvas.  Note, I changed the Fill Mode setting to Contain in order to make sure images did not get chopped off when displaying.

Model: MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 16 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays