Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Meural Picture Changing Randomly

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Meural Picture Changing Randomly

I have my Meural hanging in portrait mode. In the last few weeks the picture has started to randomly change on its own. It flips to the next image in the playlist. Then that image might radomly flip on its own later. It happens in both directions. Sometimes it flips to the image to the left, sometimes to the right. I've cleaned the canvas, updated the firmware, and made sure the app is not set to shuffle. 

Any ideas? 

Model: MC227| Meural Canvas
Message 1 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Meural Picture Changing Randomly

Hi chasdior, 

I'd like for our support team to reach out for further investigation. If you wish to be contacted, may you provide me with the following info in a private message.

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact Time:

Thank you,

Christian 

Message 2 of 13
Fenwick2020
Aspirant

I’m having exactly the same issue. Any progress on a fix?
Message 3 of 13
ookami16
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with the latest firmware on my MC321s. Is there a fix for this / a new firmware releasing soon?

Gene
Model: MC321| Meural Canvas II
Message 4 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Update: After working directly with customer support I was able to get my canvas stabilized. They said it might have been dust in the power button that was causing the issue. They had me power off the canvas for 30 minutes. I sprayed duster in every crack. Then they told me to press the power button on and off rapidly a few times before powering it on. I went through this process a couple of times before the issue went away completely. Best of luck.
Message 5 of 13
maloflora
Aspirant

Hi all,

Could I check please if this is still working as a fix - I'm having exactly the same issue.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 13

Same for me. Scheduler is set to OFF, Freeze Image is ON, and Image Duration is 0. I set a picture, go about my business, and the next time I look at the Canvas the image has changed. Very frustrating - I want the picture that I selected to stay on the screen. Canvas is brand new, so I don't think "dust in the power button" is a likely culprit.

Message 7 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello JuliaTruchsess,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 8 of 13

It's pretty obvious that this is a software bug. There are three other threads on the forum on the same issue, with a number of different users experiencing the problem. It looks like you have responded in each thread (which is commendable) but none of the fixes (factory reset, turn scheduler off, etc) proposed work. The only thing that makes this frame stay on the same picture is to create a playlist with only one picture, which severely degrades the whole experience.

Please get your software engineers to find the root cause and fix it, thanks

Message 9 of 13
maloflora
Aspirant

Thanks to all who've responded. I should say, of course, that I have opened a ticket and tried to ring the service team, but no one has responded. I might try again - is it worth it?

Message 10 of 13

Yes, worth it! I really want this thing to work properly. I will open a ticket, too.

Message 11 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Update #2: I solved my issue completely. It wasn't a problem with the software, it was the frame. Mine hangs vertically. That puts the horizontal gesture controls on the right hand side. I noticed that the frame was slightly warped and touching the screen on that side. Guessing that it may have happened when I laid it face down to attempt a factory reset or maybe changes in temperature. Who knows. I GENTLY pulled up on that side of the frame until it no longer touched the screen. The picture hasn't changed at all since then. Been months now.

I understand how frustrating this is. It was driving me nuts. Good luck!
Message 12 of 13

Thanks for posting your findings. After having explored all available software solutions, I was wondering if it might be related to the gesture-sensing hardware. I will have a look at my frame.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays