Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Meural and Live Photos

ChuckieDude
Aspirant

Meural and Live Photos

Has anyone figured out a solution to not have Live Photos animate on their Meural?

All of my pictures are from my phone and the photos animate on my canvas which doesn’t look that great.
Model: MC227| Meural Canvas
Message 1 of 7
Razor512
Prodigy

Re: Meural and Live Photos

Can you provide additional information relating to the animation?

Are you adding some of the animated images from the meural subscription service (they all animate poorly as they are often 3-5 frames that step through slowly, as compared to sinegraphs where you may have a portion of the image that animates at 30-60FPS)?

Message 2 of 7
ChuckieDude
Aspirant

I am talking about Apple Live Photo’s. These automatically animate which is annoying when displayed on the canvas.
Message 3 of 7
Razor512
Prodigy

Are you able to go through each live photo, and then use the edit function to create a key photo of each live image, then check if the camera app generates a jpeg that you can then send to the canvas?

Or see if it has an option to duplicate as a still image.

Message 4 of 7
ChuckieDude
Aspirant

This is possible but it is very manual and requires me to edit each photo one-at-a-time.   Apple also does not make this easy for Live Photos.  Also, I want to keep the picture as a Live Photo on the phone.  The animation does not look good onthe Canvas so I only want a still photo on the Canvas.

What we need is for the abiliy for the Meural App to specify whether a photo should be imported as a Live Photo or not.  This would save a lot of time and make it easier for most users.

Unless anyone knows of a good workaround?  I have hundreds of photos that I want to get into a new Canvas for my mom's Mother's Day present and editing each photo to remove Live Photos animation is not something I want to do.

Message 5 of 7
Razor512
Prodigy

I will check around for a sample live photo captured by a apple device. Since the controls on meural are limited, and its online editor also takes many steps, it would be worth checking if there is a simple way to batch convert the images.

Message 6 of 7
ChuckieDude
Aspirant

I found a workaround - is not a great solution but it is at least possible:

Use a PC and the web version to login to Meural.  Apple Photos on the PC file system explorer lets you distinguish between the photo and the live photo which is not a .jpg file.

This works but the web version is slow and there is a bug when after you edit a photo and go back to the list of photos, it takes back to the the beginnig of the photo list again.  Because I wanted to crop the photos to 16x9 to avoid black borders, a lot of scrolling was needed.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays