Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Re: Meural cannot be used in hotpots only environment

Rebirth
Aspirant

Meural cannot be used in hotpots only environment

Can anybody connect a Meural Canvas in hotspot only (non-wifi) environment? Seems it doesn't work even with 1 or 2  mobile hotspot network.

Model: MC227| Meural Canvas
Message 1 of 4
NG_Team
NETGEAR Moderator

If you have a Meural 2 and your hotspot has an Ethernet port on it (like the NETGEAR MR1100 hotspot), you can use an Ethernet cable to connect the Meural to the hotspot and not need to use WiFi.

Regards,

NETGEAR Team

Message 2 of 4
Rebirth
Aspirant

That's really a big problem. Before I order my Meural One,  I have clearly asked your Hong Kong agent the same question "can Meural can be operated in non-wifi environment? I want to send it as a gift to my friend whose office didn't have wifi"  The answer from your HongKong agent is "YES", even I have asked your Hong Kong agent's technical team and customer service team for times in these two days after times of failed connection, they still insisted "we can connect the canvas without wifi but hotspot only".    

Now my friend get stuck in his office. Even he brought the canvas one to home to set up, but he still cannot operate it with his mobile in office.  What a big integrity issue in your Hong Kong agent!!  They even answered me "we have successfully installed before otherwise I won't answer in such a firm tone"

So what can we do now?

@NG_Team wrote:

If you have a Meural 2 and your hotspot has an Ethernet port on it (like the NETGEAR MR1100 hotspot), you can use an Ethernet cable to connect the Meural to the hotspot and not need to use WiFi.

Regards,

NETGEAR Team

do now?

Message 3 of 4
Rebirth
Aspirant

as there is a USB slot in Meural One, can we install an USB SIM card modem to make the mobile operate the canvas?

@Rebirth wrote:

That's really a big problem. Before I order my Meural One,  I have clearly asked your Hong Kong agent the same question "can Meural can be operated in non-wifi environment? I want to send it as a gift to my friend whose office didn't have wifi"  The answer from your HongKong agent is "YES", even I have asked your Hong Kong agent's technical team and customer service team for times in these two days after times of failed connection, they still insisted "we can connect the canvas without wifi but hotspot only".    

Now my friend get stuck in his office. Even he brought the canvas one to home to set up, but he still cannot operate it with his mobile in office.  What a big integrity issue in your Hong Kong agent!!  They even answered me "we have successfully installed before otherwise I won't answer in such a firm tone"

So what can we do now?

@NG_Team wrote:

Regards,

NETGEAR Team

do now?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays