Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Meural canvas continually updating

Millie56
Tutor

Meural canvas continually updating

I have set the picture display duration to 1000 seconds. After uploading an image be it from the Meural website or one of my own photos the display will go blank and the image flicker with a message and timer stating that the canvas is updating. Why is this and how can I stop this annoying occurance?

Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
Ovecarleone
Aspirant

Re: Meural canvas continually updating

This thread is a bit older now but I'm gonna comment on how I resolved my updating issue.

First, how it all started. I set a sampler of 61 pictures as playlist which would be played from 18:00pm to 21:00pm. At 19:00pm the canvas would start to update the sampler which is the reason why it would flash every few seconds. The issue is that it seemed not to stop but it would after 1h or so.

I see this as a big issue so I deleted the sampler as playlist and started to create my own playlist with the pictures from the sampler. I was actively watching the canvas the last few days and had no update issues anymore.

Hope this helps you.

View solution in original post

Model: MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 15 of 16

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Because its "updating" is your photo being updated to the device. Its your playlist/data updating. 

Message 2 of 16
Millie56
Tutor

Hi
Thanks for the quick response. I’ll take a photo of what it’s doing. The images have been on the device for a while so I don’t see a need for the photo to update however it may be the playlist updating. How would I know the difference?
Model: MC321| Meural Canvas II
Message 3 of 16
Millie56
Tutor

Hi
Thanks for the quick response. I’ll take a photo of what it’s doing. The images have been on the device for a while so I don’t see a need for the photo to update however it may be the playlist updating. How would I know the difference?
Model: MC321| Meural Canvas II
Message 4 of 16
pssguy
Initiate

Did you get this resolved? I am having a similar issue with an image being updated a couple of times (including with the timer) before remaining on canvas. When the next image in the playlist appears the same process may or may not happen. It seems pretty random

Message 5 of 16
Cottonsusan
Guide

I am also having this problem. I still have not seen an answer for it. Considering how incredibly expensive this item is there should be some kind of answer for this problem. I am extremely disappointed in the Customer Service, the lack of a manual, and the lack of response for any questions or problems. Having called Netgear several times about different issues with the Meural I am finding that none of their technicians I spoke with own a Meural or know how to operate one. The company really needs to make this right
Message 6 of 16
mickyjoem
Tutor

I too am having this continually updating canvas and its nothing to do with weak broadband or other such excuses.  I also agree with the previous thread thaat for such a price, their Custmer service is very poor, clearly follows their Technology.  Their App is also extremely poorly designed and gives little control over the Canvas.  Very disappointing! If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Michael , Meath, Ire

Message 7 of 16
Rocko0
Initiate

Same issue here absolutely ridiculous that netgear is ignoring this problem. My wifi is fine the photos have already synced to the device weeks ago. Yet everyday all day it pops up with “updating photo” and the a second one “canvas updated” WTF is the point of wall art if we are plagued with an ugly pop up notification all day?? Even if they can’t fix the bug add a dang option to hide the notification. This completely defeats the purpose of the canvas looking like art, so frustrating.
Message 8 of 16
Cottonsusan
Guide

But obviously they are ignoring the issue. Has anyone had a response?? Do they even bother to read these posts? Hey Netflix! Wake tf up! Serve your customers beyond just taking their money.
Message 9 of 16
joeyfl88
Aspirant

So I have 3 Meural Canvas (version 2). 2 of them are currently setup in vertical mode, the other is setup in horizontal mode. The one that is setup horizontally was having this issue also so I tried to replicate the settings I had on the vertical ones. I used the app, selected the particular canvas, then “canvas settings” and turned off “sleep when room is dark” and that “seemed” to fix it for me. (Just a note, I already had “auto adjust brightness” off). Hope that works for you all.
Message 10 of 16
pssguy
Initiate

Thanks for suggestion. The issue is an intermittent problem for me. I had sleep when room is dark set but that stopped working as well - though not something I'm not that worried about

Message 11 of 16
warnerve
Initiate

Same issue here, started happening around 10/25.  Would love a solution.

Message 12 of 16
tromblee
Initiate

I have the same issue too. It started fairly recently. We do have the latest updates on the Meural according to the app.

Message 13 of 16
mickyjoem
Tutor

Message 14 of 16
Ovecarleone
Aspirant

This thread is a bit older now but I'm gonna comment on how I resolved my updating issue.

First, how it all started. I set a sampler of 61 pictures as playlist which would be played from 18:00pm to 21:00pm. At 19:00pm the canvas would start to update the sampler which is the reason why it would flash every few seconds. The issue is that it seemed not to stop but it would after 1h or so.

I see this as a big issue so I deleted the sampler as playlist and started to create my own playlist with the pictures from the sampler. I was actively watching the canvas the last few days and had no update issues anymore.

Hope this helps you.

Message 15 of 16
Haraldwagener
Initiate

No it doesn't, still popping up.
Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 24 kudos