Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Re: Meural photo freeze needed

CanvasSuks
Guide

Meural photo freeze needed

Help, Im seriously considering sending this thing back to the ninth ring of hell where this app came from.
No matter how I try, using sd cards or uploading albums. I cannot get the frame to allow me to decide when to change picture. Ive rebooted, reinstalled app, delete album and uploadec again. I set it to freeze, I set it to 0 seconds.
But NEVERTHELESS it will randomly change photos during the day.
Tech support is neither tech or support. They have been less than helpful.
This frame has so much potential but the software is just terrible.
Please help
Thank you
Model: MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 1 of 13
Christiegil
Tutor

I’m having the exact same issues! The app and software are horrible!!!
Message 2 of 13
stevesw
NETGEAR Expert

The issue may be related to the scheduler being enabled which is triggering new Playlists to start.

Typically, the scheduler can be turned on in the Canvas -> Settings screen in the App.

However, it looks like there is an issue in the App (both iOS and Android) which does not allow the scheduler to be disabled.

To get around this, you can login to my.meural.netgear.com using the same email & password for the app.

Then click on circle in top right corner and select "Canvases"

Then choose Canvas you are having issue with (if you have more than one).

Then select "Scheduler" and set the slider to 'Off' position.

Message 3 of 13
Christiegil
Tutor

I turned the scheduler off a few hours ago and now it’s changed the picture again. So that solution didn’t work.
Message 4 of 13
CanvasSuks
Guide

Thank you for the informaion but this is not fixing the issue. I have deleted the app from my phone and am only using the website. The sced. is turned off and it still changes photo for no reason. I really have no words for the poor software connected to the canvas. 

If there is no fix to this and other problem I wish support would just say so. I have invested over 20 hours trying to correct issues.

Message 5 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Meural users, 

For those experiencing issues, I would recommend factory resetting your Meural. Please let me know if the issue persists. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 6 of 13
CanvasSuks
Guide

I have tried all suggestions and still nothing. Tech support is of no help because I am certain that there is no fix as of yet. To spend this much money and to end up with a canvas that cannot even properly be used as a slideshow is beyond incompetent.

After all this time instead of solving the initial problem I have more.

Not only does the image change whenever it wants to randomly, now it pops up the menu at will.

The only way to solve the issue is to remove any of the features and just use it one image at a time.

I have permanently delete the app.

Delete all images.

Uncheck all features life gesture, scheduler, etc.

Add one photo.

When you want to display a different photo delete that one and add the new one.

Yes one image at a time only.

Now you tell me if it is worth the moeny.

Shame on you Netgear for such horrible software.

Message 7 of 13
Christiegil
Tutor

This is the only solution I’ve found also. Which clearly is no real solution. I want a refund.
Message 8 of 13
CanvasSuks
Guide

Yes, refund and weeks of my life back. That sounds right. I am going to try to get support one last time after that I will return it. People need to post reviews to every site they can. Canvas itself is pretty good if they would just update the software.

Message 9 of 13

Same for me. Scheduler is set to OFF, Freeze Image is ON, and Image Duration is 0. I set a picture, go about my business, and the next time I look at the Canvas the image has changed. Very frustrating - I want the picture that I selected to stay on the screen.

Model: MC321| Meural Canvas II
Message 10 of 13

This suggests to me that the problem may lie with the gesture sensor. I wonder if there's a way to disable it completely.

@CanvasSuks wrote:

Not only does the image change whenever it wants to randomly, now it pops up the menu at will.

Model: MC321| Meural Canvas II
Message 11 of 13
Christiegil
Tutor

I’ve officially been working with customer support for a month on trying to fix this issue. Still no solution. The only solution I figured out on my own was to create a playlist of the one picture I want to stay on the screens and then play that particular playlist. It can’t change since there are no other pictures. Meural support has supposedly moved my case to the “higher tier” support, they are less responsive and worse ideas on solving the problem.
Message 12 of 13
RojoCH
Aspirant

I am having exactly the same issue - having bought the Canvas in January and have also tried all the solutions mentioned except for the one picture/ one playlist - will try that now !

....really hope a solution is found. Otherwise the quality of the product is excellent and so far I have found nothing equivalent on the market .... would be a shame if a fix cannot be found as extremely annoying and would be a reason to switch as soon as an equivalent product appears on the market .....

Hope those in contact with customer support find a solution...will be following the thread

Model: MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays