Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Netgear Meural (MC315GDW) won't connect to wifi post changing wifi name

tnhansel
Initiate

Netgear Meural (MC315GDW) won't connect to wifi post changing wifi name

Netgear Meural purchased on Jan 2021 and it stopped working 15 months later. It won't connect to wifi after I changed my wifi name, netgear support walked me through multiple steps of hard reset to no avail. I love the product, but this issue is literally turning my $350 digital frame to a brick. Has anyone successfully connecting their meural to wifi after changing wifi name? Here is some detail on my unit:

• Device Model: MC315GDW
  • Firmware: 2.2.12_2.1.7
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Meural (MC315GDW) won't connect to wifi post changing wifi name

Hello again tnhansel,

I looked into the issue you are having with your Meural. This happens when the device is on a different network band than the Mueral digital frame.

Your Meural needs to be connected to a 2.4GHz network. Your device will also need to be connected to the same network in order to control your Meural. 

Please do the following:

Reset your Meural

Connect to Wi-Fi using the app. (Please ensure that you connect your Meural to the 2.4GHz network)

After you select your desired network ensure that your mobile device is also connected to that network on the 2.4GHz band.

Then check to see if you can control your Meural using the App. 

Please let me know if this helps!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello again tnhansel,

I looked into the issue you are having with your Meural. This happens when the device is on a different network band than the Mueral digital frame.

Your Meural needs to be connected to a 2.4GHz network. Your device will also need to be connected to the same network in order to control your Meural. 

Please do the following:

Reset your Meural

Connect to Wi-Fi using the app. (Please ensure that you connect your Meural to the 2.4GHz network)

After you select your desired network ensure that your mobile device is also connected to that network on the 2.4GHz band.

Then check to see if you can control your Meural using the App. 

Please let me know if this helps!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
tnhansel
Initiate

Thank you, this solves the issue. My router has been broadcasting 2.4GHz and 5GHz under one name. I've setup the router to broadcast 2.4GHz exclusively for IoT devices in the house. Thank you for the help!

Message 3 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi tnhansel,

I am super happy it worked out for you.

Now you can be awed by the beauty of your Meural digital frame once again!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays