Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

New Meural: "You are not connected to the internet"

thingsrbad
Guide

New Meural: "You are not connected to the internet"

Just drop $700+ dollars on a Meural and when you try to connect via the QR code, it says, "You aren't connected to the internet?" then this post is for you!

Basically, we're gonna hardwire the Meural into the Internet, update the firmware, factory reset it, and then get it on your wifi.

You're gonna need:

* A router with a free port
* An ethernet cable
* A paperclip
* Your phone w/Meural app

Here's my solve after messing with this for 4 hours!

1. While the Meural might say, "No internet connection" if you log into the website (the actual Meural website, NOT the app) login > click on your avatar > canvases, you should see that your canvas actually got registered. Yep, somehow "without internet," it did indeed phone home. What can I say, this company is really bad at software.
1. It sucks, but you have to hardwire connect the Meural into your router (hopefully, your router has spare ports on it). Now you're Meural is hardwired to the same network that's supplying the wifi to your phone.
1. At this point, I turned the app on and off again, turned the meural on and off again and once both were ready for use, in the Phone App I clicked the "canvas" button on the far right side.
1. Then I clicked the "gear" icon on the top right.
1. Click the "Software update link"
1. This will update the firmware on the Meural itself.
1. Next unplug the Meural.
1. Now press your paperclip on the small reset button (on one of the sides of the Meural, there's a flap you can open. Open it. There's a hole near the slot where the SD card goes. It's tiny.) and simultaneously plug in the Meural BUT KEEP HOLDING THE RESET BUTTON FOR 20 SECONDS.
1. The Meural might blink a couple times while it turns on.
1. Now, go ahead and scan the QR code when it asks you to. This time, a little modal window appears telling you that it wants to help you connect the Meural to your wifi. Follow on the on-screen instructions and you should get connected.

Now as a reward for yourself, have a cool drink, put the Meural back in the box and get your hard earned money back.

Model: MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 1 of 7
GlassSlipper1
Aspirant

Re: New Meural: "You are not connected to the internet"

I'm having the exact same issue.  Is there app issue or a product issue?  I feel like Netgear is no longer supporting this product?  I have been on hold for 2 hours trying to figure this out.

Message 2 of 7
thingsrbad
Guide

I might be wrong but as far as I can tell the firmware in the frame itself is incompatible with the latest version of the phone app. Would be great if someone from Netgear would respond.

Message 3 of 7
GlassSlipper1
Aspirant

Update: I was also finally able to talk to support (after 2 hours on hold and being transferred to 4 people) - their conclusion was that there was "No solution to the problem".  That is when I turned to your instructions. I finally got the frame to work using your instructions regarding connecting directly to the router - then doing the firmware update - then setting up the local network again.   Thank you so much for your help - I would have never figured it out otherwise.         I agree; there is something wrong with the firmware in the frame when it is sent and support does not seem to know about the issue.   It's really bad customer service to say the least.  The frame is still in the office on the floor next to the router - the picture is great - I'm afraid to move it to the living room as I'm not positive it will still work :).

Message 4 of 7
thingsrbad
Guide

Woo! Glad you're up and running!

Message 5 of 7
pkumar1234
Initiate

Dude, thanks a bunch for posting this info. This saved my day. NeatGear support just sucks!

Model: MC321| Meural Canvas II
Message 6 of 7
thingsrbad
Guide

I’m glad this solution is working for people. Such great hardware but such terrible software.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays