Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Re: Pictures fail to upload to Meural Canvas

LVSkipper
Initiate

Pictures fail to upload to Meural Canvas

I am trying to upload pictures to a playlist and the all fail. I have created playlists in the past with no problem. Very frustrating. Any ideas?
Model: MC321| Meural Canvas II
Message 1 of 19
NG_Team
NETGEAR Moderator

How are you uploading them?  Using the android, iOS, or PC?  Also are you getting a specific error message when you try to upload?

NETGEAR Team

Model: MC227| Meural Canvas
Message 2 of 19
LVSkipper
Initiate

Thank you for the reply - I am trying to upload from my Iphone 10.  The message I am receiving is 'some images failed to upload'.  This happens even if i upload one picture at a time.  My space is on 1/3 full so I do not understand what is happening.

Thanks,

Hunt

Message 3 of 19
Joe123465432
Aspirant

I have the same problem.

Tried from pc, mac and from mobile app.

There is no error number given. It just says failed to upload for a brief moment and then the error disappears.

I can reliably reproduce this error on multiple canvases. The problem seems related to the cloud/website and not the client or the canvas.
Message 4 of 19
Joe123465432
Aspirant

Screenshot attached
Message 5 of 19
MageTank
Aspirant

I even created an account to say I fixed it. I converted the image from jpeg to ...jpeg. I even double-checked the metadata to the very end and it’s the same save a few lines that start with MP. There’s some sort metadata that stops it from uploading.
Model: MC227| Meural Canvas, MC321| Meural Canvas II, MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 6 of 19
grobe1
Initiate

Has anyone found a solution to the failed upload issue? I'm experiecing failed uploads from both my iphone and online uploads. 

Message 7 of 19
Joe123465432
Aspirant

I found that any cropped picture fails to upload (with no error message). Uncripped pictures seem to upload OK for me.
Message 8 of 19
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello grobe1, 

Are you getting an error message? 

Christian 

Message 9 of 19
Tipperoo
Aspirant

I used Total Image Converter to convert a stubborn jpg file to gif file and then it uploaded successfully.

Model: MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 10 of 19
Mweber62
Aspirant

I am using my android phone
Message 11 of 19
Yunarific
Initiate

Same here and it’s disappointing to see that even after a year such issue hasn’t been solved. I’m currently using iPhone 12 Pro ver. 14.6. I can only upload 100 or so of 500 total with most of the recent photos taken not being uploaded. The photos not being uploaded have not been edited, cropped, etc. in its original form taken by the iphone camera.
Message 12 of 19
Ivoimg
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem with exactly the same error message. Has there been any progress made to correct this problem?
Model: MC321| Meural Canvas II
Message 13 of 19
Tipperoo
Aspirant

On multiple occasions, I could not get a satisfactory answer from Netgear Technical Support, so I tried a few things myself. The one thing that finally worked was simply unplugging the Meural at the wall outlet-- not the back of the Meural-- waiting a couple of minutes, and plugging it back in. The only reason I did not try that sooner is that the wall outlet in my installation was not readily accessible.. But that one action evidently enabled the Meural to more completely reboot and update the picture inventory List.
Message 14 of 19
Yunarific
Initiate

UPDATE: I noticed that none of the photos I received through messaging apps had any issues with uploading. I assume the apps automatically converts the photos to a standard format supported by the photo frame. So I sent all 500 photos on my playlist to a family member and asked them to send it back (Make sure your settings on the messaging app keeps the original size/resolution), downloaded the photos in a new folder on my iphone, linked the folder to my library on the Meural app, and now I no longer get the "Some images failed to upload" error. Hope this help!

Message 15 of 19
stealthgg
Aspirant

Same issue here. Since the Meural update where they removed ‘Albums’ in place of ‘Playlists’ I cannot upload a single photo from my iPhone. The Meural has turned into a useless brick on my wall… Help!

Also, submitting a support ticket is not even possible, clicking ‘Contact Support’ leads to a broken link that says “Sorry, it’s not you, it’s us.” This is really bad…
Message 16 of 19
CKnight
Aspirant

Same problem nothing will upload
Message 17 of 19
unnamedny
Guide

What you should always try is to reboot your Meural. Rebooting device you are using for uploads might help too along with your router. On my android phone I get error message if I use shortcut for upload to Meural. Whenever I click "share" image on my android device, menu pops up on bottom where I can directly add image to meural playlist. That option never works. I need to click on "more" at that same share screen, scroll down to Meural shortcut, click it and use either one of the options "Send to Meural" or "add to play list". I have Pixel 5a and it works most of the time, my wife has Pixel 5 and sometimes that only works from second or third try for same picture. So, go figure.

Check if file you are trying to upload is a supported format. Also, it's not some type of huge file and it doesn't have some weird characters in it's name.

Message 18 of 19
kat1083
Tutor

I am experiencing the same issue—have been for months now.  It was only working for about a year and then this.  So frustrating.  

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays