Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Please provide a user guide

fjwilms
Tutor

Please provide a user guide

To NetGear: Please provide a user guide to using Meural: how to upload playlists, delete playlists, add your own photos, etc. These actions are not intuitive in the interface, and sifting through thousands of community forums to obtain basic usage of a product that we have to pay for---and then pay more for support---is not an acceptable solution. We pay for this product, and now on top of membership, we have to pay for canvasses. Provide us instructions for our money. I could only find "Installation Guide". If instructions are there somewhere and I missed them, then please let me know. 

Model: MC227| Meural Canvas
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Please provide a user guide

Can't locate any user guide I'm afraid.

However, if I would be the product manager (59 years old, computer affine), I would opt for making a much more user friendly Meural App and my.meural.com - long before creating some hard to read manuals (especially for those trying to read and use things on the same screen).

Once one has discovered that the playlists are located in a different position (in the user menu, why ever), upload playlists or delete playlists should be easy. However things around playlists are ways off from obvious. Much to many steps required, lack of direct controls, ... appears the Meural software designers have never used e.g. Google or Apple Photos in the last decade. Shortcuts for adding images should be everywhere - a simple [+] would do the job (without looping all over the App or Web UI) allowing upload and addition to a playlist, the ability to select multiple images at once for adding to a playlist (sigh...), and of course editing a playlist should include all aspects of a playlists - not only title and description.

Other usability features would be the interoperability with the obvious most popular photo Apps (Google, Apple). There should be ways to throw albums created on the cloud into new Meural playlist ... dynamic update included of course.

In my opinion, both Meural App and Web UI were never really Beta, and obviously never usability tested. That's why users are struggling with these basics.

Curious is Netgear would be interested making things better. I would be happy to join.

Message 2 of 4
fjwilms
Tutor

Yes. If the interface made more sense, we wouldn't need a User Guide. 

Message 3 of 4
PhotoB
Aspirant

I have to agree. The "trial-and-error" approach to figuring things out is time consuming. Already, I have had to spend time on the phone with a tech rep for something that was an easy, though non-obvious, fix. If such things were in a decent user guide, it would save me (and Netgear reps) time.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays