Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Re: Problem using SD card in Meural Canvas II

XaveSun
Guide

Problem using SD card in Meural Canvas II

I submit this question here as I did not get any reply from the support meural's team (support@meural.com)

I cannot use an SD HC card to see my photos with the Meural Canvas II. I have followed the instructions I found in this forum: formatted the SD HC card, FAT32, created a folder named “meural1” and added all the photos (“xyx.jpeg”) inside this folder. After inserting the SD card and switching off and on the meural again, the SD card is not visible in the meural's browsing menu. This SD card works perfectly well in a laptop.

Any hint?

Thank you! 

Model: MC321| Meural Canvas II
Message 1 of 5
haemef
Aspirant

Betreff: Problem using SD card in Meural Canvas II

Dear Community,

is there a possibility to see the SD-Card in the Meural-App on an Apple- op Android-mobile phone?

Regards, haemef

Model: MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 2 of 5
sefo
Initiate

Bravo to XaveSun for the polite tone in his query. I am more upset than he is in his post.

I have no solution. I have had exactly the same problem.  I got instructions after phoning the support number, but after following them, see nothing of an SD card on Browse. WHO is in charge of helping users here?

Message 3 of 5
XaveSun
Guide

Dear sefo, here below is a contribution I made to another thread on the topic. You might want to search for the subject "Meural Canvas II storage" in order to have a look to the whole discussion. Hope it helps and good luck 🙂

Re: Meural Canvas II storage

I don't recall all the steps right now, but it was a kind of "hard reset" (you needed to disconnect the mains cable from the back of the frame, then insert the SD card, then boot up the frame again, etc, in order for the frame to recognize the SD card). But again, I don't remember all the steps. I think the frame even downloaded the latest firmware version. You'd better call Support and talk to an agent.

Since I did it in July last year, it works fine with the playlists I have defined in my SD card, with my own pictures. But still, the local pictures in the SD card cannot be managed from the app, which makes it not very user friendly.

This product is "born in the cloud" and its purpose is to make you subscribe to the art gallery services they have and make you buy cloud storage, so the SD card option is just a " workaround" and it is deffinitely out of Netgear's interest.

Message 4 of 5
mattwillhill
Guide

I had the same issue with old existing SD cards so I bought a brand new SD card and hey presto it worked!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays