Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Replacement Anchor size for mount? Anybody know?

FabledFanatic
Aspirant

Replacement Anchor size for mount? Anybody know?

I am notoriously bad at installing anything level the first time. I have no idea why I thought the Meural would be any different... anyway, suffice it to say, I now have two gigantic holes in my wall, two fully-expanded anchors, and one un-mounted Meural.

Which brings me to my question: does anyone know what type of anchors are comparable to the ones used to mount the mounting plate? I tried shopping around at Menards but I was totally out of my depth. I bought one set, but the threads of the screws won't even pass through the mount holes.

Any help would be appreciated!

Model: MC227| Meural Canvas
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Replacement Anchor size for mount? Anybody know?

I wasn't a fan of the large anchors the meural used so I just bought some aftermarket ones from menards as well. I had to round the head off a little on 1 to get it to sit flush in the mount but got it working. The other I was able to screw to a stud to make sure it was secure. 

Message 2 of 4
FabledFanatic
Aspirant

Thank you @plemans! Do you remember what size/type you used? Home improvement stuff is 3000% not my wheelhouse, so I have no idea what I'm looking for... (I think Molly anchors were the ones packaged here? Definitely open to alternatives though, so long as they work!)

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

I don't think I had to buy them. I have a small collection of them from installtion other projects and think I found one in the collection. Sorry!

But I do remember i had to sand/grind the head of the screw a little to make it sit flush in the mount. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays