Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Re: SD Card - jpg Photo Order Sequence of play

mattwillhill
Guide

SD Card - jpg Photo Order Sequence of play

Please can any one advise how the Meural Canvas 2  follows or formats the order of sequence of play for jpg photo images files from an SD Card? Or how to order - label  them before inserting the SD Card.  I want mine to play in date order so I can display my life and adventures as they happened! 

Initially I have organised my folder in the date sequence & time the photograph was taken known as "Date Picture Taken". I unwittingly assumed the 'meural canvas 2' would play the files in the order they are stored on the SD card but they seem to play them completely in random order! 

I am aware that in "Canvas Settings" in the App there is a "PLAYLIST BEHAVIOUR" section for "Image Shuffle" but even with this 'untagged or not ticked' it still plays my files in a seemingly random way  or is it following  an alphanumeric sequence or some other protocol of play? 

Many thanks in advance if amy one can enlighten me. Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
mattwillhill
Guide

OK - so by trial and error I am able to answer my own query as follows;

Apparent Image Order as 'played' or displayed by Meural II

> Essentially it seems [not verified - by trial and error] that the Meural II products follow a number sequence when playing  " .jpg "  files from         an SD Card.

> They do not follow the "date created" or the "sequence in which they are stored on the SD card",  the latter which you may expect. 

> Thus if you have loaded them on to an SD Card in date order or name order then the products programme appears to look for a straight

numerical order and 'plays' or displays them in numerical order -  "numbers ascending"! 

> It therefore follows if you get your image files in a folder in the order sequence you desire you then need to relabel ["rename"]

them numerically in the correct sequence - "number ascending".

Organising your image files

> If you wish to organise your image ".JPG files"  there are automated way to do this in Microsoft.

Best to search this by the Microsoft software version your PC is using , for example  "Windows 7 , 10,  etc."

> For me I wanted to display my photo's in their correct date order - a recorded adventure of my phone and trips and memories.

> Thus I made sure all my photo's have a "date picture taken on"

- if your image files don't have this date you can add this by using free software like "Exif Pilot".

> Then you can sort your image files by correct date order if this is what you desire.

Adding sequential number files

> Once you have folders with images sequentially as you desire them you can then "rename"  in number sequence order using Microsoft.

> This is an automated process - please follow the link below;

> Note if your total number of images is well within 4 figures, for example "5958" , then rename from start point "1000" [i.e..  Meural1 (1000).jpg]

> This is because the programmes apparent algorithm has problems with reading the correct number sequence when you  use numbers of

different figures , for example compare 1 figure numbers [1 to 9], 2 figure numbers [10 to 99] or 4 figure numbers [1000 to 9999]

> If you have a large number of images probably best to start all numbers from 5 figures with the first "Image No.1" renamed as  for example meural1 (10000).jpg and so on . . .  

Hope this helps others. 

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mattwillhill,

Thanks for providing an update to your post as it may possibly help others. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays