Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Re: Scheduled "Wake" is not working

scmarti
Tutor

Scheduled "Wake" is not working

Purchased canvas a year ago, configured the schedule, and had no issues with the Wake function.

Recently upgraded the canvas’s software ver.to  2.2.10_2.0.13 AND deleted the schedule (wanted something new for 2022).   

The new schedule is configured to Wake in the AM, Sleep in the PM (M-F)

ISSUE: The new schedule works except it does not Wake each morning.

I used the same settings as the previous schedule, and not sure why it won’t wake.

• Auto-adjust brightness was enabled
  • Sleep when room is dark is disabled
  • Power Mode is set to continuous Display Mode.

Thanks for tips:

Shawn

Model: MC321| Meural Canvas II
Message 1 of 20
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello scmarti, 

I understand that you are having issues with the scheduled wake feature on the Meural Canvas II. 

Please try disabling the auto-adjust feature. 

Please keep me updated on this issue. 

Best;

Kevin

Community Team. 

Message 2 of 20
scmarti
Tutor

Kevin,

It's working with auto-adjust disabled now.  However, it was working before when auto-adjust was enabled as mentioned.  Why does auto-audjust now need to be distabled.  Is this due to a recent update?

Message 3 of 20
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello scmarti,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I informed my team of the Auto-Adjust Feature issue with the Meural Canvas. We are working diligently to solve this issue. 

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 4 of 20
JWS9518
Apprentice

Having same issue here.  I turned off the auto settings, but still powering off and not automatically coming back on.

When will this bug be fixed?

Message 5 of 20
srbrouwer2
Aspirant

I am also having the same issues as described above.  The scheduler used to work just fine.  Sometime in January 2022 it stopped waking and/or sleeping automatically according to the schedule.  I have tried all of the recommended suggestions on all of the various messages regarding this issue and I cannot find a solution that works for me. 

Can you please let me know when this issue will be resolved and if there is a new update coming?  Can you also please tell me the current version of the app and canvas software.

Message 6 of 20
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello srbrouwer2,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your scheduler. Adjusting the light sensor sensitivity can help resolve this issue. 

The current app version is: V5.2.8

Below are instructions on how to adjust the light sensor sensitivity on your Meural Canvas:

To adjust the light sensor from my.meural.com:

1. Login to my.meural.com.
  2. Go to Canvases.
  3. In the upper left-hand corner, select the canvas you want to adjust.
  4. Scroll down to Light Sensitivity.
  5. Adjust the light sensitivity to Low, Normal, or High.

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 7 of 20
joer1974
Aspirant

Kevin, You missed part of the question"please tell me the current version of the app and canvas software." You gave the "current app version" but not the current version of the canvas software. I have been searching the Meural site for quite some time and cannot find anywhere that this information is listed. To be clear this is the version of the software that is running on the canvas NOT the app that is running on the mobile phone. I currently have the version 2.2.10_2.0.13. If this version is the "latest" it means that it has been around for OVER 1 YEAR. This means that there have been NO FIXES to the software for OVER 1 YEAR.

Message 8 of 20
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi,

@ joer1974

and 

@scmarti

The latest firmware for available for your Meural Canvas II is 2.2.12_2.0.12. Please ensure your Meural is on the latest released firmware.

To update your firmware please do the following:

Meural App > Settings > Canvas Details > Software Update

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 9 of 20
joer1974
Aspirant

Kevin, Thanks for the quick reply. When checking for the "current" Canvas Software version , I get two different results depending upon how I access this info. If I use the Canvas displayed menu and go to Canvas info>Software version, I get  2.2.10_2.0.13.

If I go to your suggested place  Meural App > Settings > Canvas Details > Software Update

I get 2.2.12_2.0.13.  

If I select Software Update, I get "Canvas is already up to date".

So, we have a conflict here & I have NO way of telling what version I have. But this is VERY consistent.  I have 30 years of software development experience and I WOULD NEVER allow this buggy a product to be released. This has NOTHING to do with programming resources. These should be VERY EASY bugs to fix. I am completely dumbfounded as to why a major corporation like Netgear allows a team to TRASH what it otherwise a fantastic product. I have had multiple conversations with the help desk & reported bugs (for ex:service number is 45840438), But NOTHING ever is fixed. Are you an employee of Netgear, or just someone that is trying to help out?  Thanks, Joe

Message 10 of 20
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @joer1974 ,

I understand that there are two different read-outs depending on how the user accesses their firmware information for their Meural Canvas. 

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. 

We will work diligently to get this discrepancy resolved. 

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 11 of 20
Jeffgear
Luminary

I just started to experience the same issue where each morning the canvas would not wake up unless I sent a playlist or used the app to access it, or rebooted it. Once woken, it would go to sleep OK at 10pm, my scheduled setting.

I discovered that the Scheduler only had the sleep time of 10pm for everyday but no wake time. I added the wake time of 8am for each day and this has fixed it. What is odd is I don't recall if I had the wake time in there before but somehow it got deleted through a bug, update or by my finger trouble. Anyway - worth checking there is a wake time as well as a sleep time set in the scheduler.

Message 12 of 20
DharmaBum
Guide

I just started having this issue as well. This is the third replacement unit that I received from Netgear to address another issue (pictures randomly changing). That issue was resolved, but now this issue of not waking started. The unit worked perfectly for several weeks, then started not waking as scheduled. The unit appears offline to the app, and I have to press the power button to wake it up.

Some relevant settings:

• schedule = on
  • power mode = continuous
  • auto adjust brightness = off
  • sleep when room is dark = off
  • light sensitivity = low
Message 13 of 20
Jeffgear
Luminary

My canvas has been behaving itself for months, waking at 7am and sleeping at 10pm, auto brightness and cycling though all playlists image by image. My only issues being the uploading of images from an iCloud shared album that is subject of another post.

Oddly I went into the app for the first time in weeks to compare my settings with yours and the schedule has vanished. I had to manually add a wake and sleep time for everyday. I’m wondering if the app is corrupting the configuration settings when launching it into settings mode? I’m also wondering if I had not launched the app whether the wake and sleep schedule would have continued to work and only when I launch the app, would the app corrupt/remove the schedule and thereafter the canvas would not wake, replicating your issue.

If it’s not an app corruption issue in your case then I’d be inclined to suggest a string of unlucky hardware faults. Has the power adapter been changed each time to eliminate that? Have you tried deleting the app and rebooting the phone, reinstalling the app and then setting up the canvas from a factory reset?
Message 14 of 20
DharmaBum
Guide

Well, I hope I didn't inadvertently trigger the issue with your device with you checking the app.

So far, I've tried:

1) power cycling the meural, usually by unplugging the power adapter and waiting a minute or so before plugging back in

2) when that didn't solve the issue, I tried a factory reset. But the issue did happen again this morning.

3) today, I reset the schedule (which deletes the schedule) and made a new one. I'll see if that helps.

This is unit #3 for me, which came directly from San Jose with the updated gesture driver. That fixed my earlier issue with the images changing randomly. This unit arrived without any accessories. No power cord, or anything else. Just the canvas itself. So I am using my original power adapter from unit #1. But it was never a problem before.

I haven't noticed any issues with the app itself. It seems to function as it's supposed to. We use the app daily, multiple times, from several different devices (android tablet, several phones, and also Windows desktop)

Yup, just a string of bad luck with hardware & software quirks. When it works, the units are awesome. But the problems are a disappointment. I wonder if it might be related to on orientation sensor. The issue seemed to first appear after turning the unit from portrait to landscape one day. I do that (carefully) every few days depending on what we want to display. After turning it one time, it seemed to hesitate to display the new orientation. The screen was just blank. I didn't bump the unit or anything unusual. I've turned the unit many times since we purchased it a few months ago.

It seems like the unit is powering down instead of just sleeping. The app reports it is offline in the morning, instead of waking up.That's why I confirmed the power was set to "continuous".

Message 15 of 20
Jeffgear
Luminary

I have the orientation locked in horizontal mode so I cannot compare use and see if this in its me, but your issue may relate to that functionality. Are you happy with the power connection in the back when the canvas is rotated - I wonder if this is this a potential design flaw if it’s susceptible to movement? I’d be tempted to source another compatible adapter or ask for an RMA to eliminate this from the mix. Does the canvas behave itself when left in one orientation for a prolonged period? If it does then the issue may be triggered in some way by a change in orientation but could still be a software bug rather than hardware.

I’m going to get another canvas to mount vertically - one will be for notable artworks and the other will be for family photos. I have a rotating mount but I didn’t have the clearance to use it effectively.

It’s been a while since an app or canvas firmware update which suggests it’s time for a release to fix some bugs and add features.

Message 16 of 20
DharmaBum
Guide

I'm using the original power adapter from mueral #1. I never had any issues with the power cord when using it on either mueral #1 or #3. Mueral #2 had its own power cord, but I returned that device due to other issues (images changing randomly).

The physical connection on the power cord seems solid in either orientation, and the back plastic cover plate holds the cord in place as it should.

This canvas (#3) had been behaving itself since I received it about 3 weeks ago. I didn't give it any thought. I physically rotate the canvas every few days as we change what we want to display. It's not on a mount. it's just sitting on the mantle. There's plenty of slack so rotating the canvas doesn't pull on the cord. Then about 4 or 5 days ago this problem started with not waking from sleep (instead, it goes into an  offline, powered off state).

If it continues, I'll open another support ticket and may RMA the device. But this canvas is special in that it has the updated gesture driver installed. That had to be done in San Jose, and the canvas came straight from one of their engineers.

Message 17 of 20
Jeffgear
Luminary

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Message 18 of 20
DharmaBum
Guide

My issue of not waking as scheduled appears to have been a software glitch. Resetting the schedule (which deletes the schedule) and making a new one from scratch seems to have fixed it. It has been waking as scheduled since then. 

Message 19 of 20
Jeffgear
Luminary

Glad it's resolved via this glitchy workaround. 

Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays