Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Re: Uploads not displaying

ldphotography
Follower

Uploads not displaying

Just opened up my Meural frame and have it all set up, but I can't get it to show any of my own photos. I've made my own playlist and populated it with a few of my own images, but when I send it to my canvas, the screen goes blank then one of the default albums starts up. I've tried it on two of my Android Phones, the my.meural.com website and my iPhoneXs, they all behave the same. Anyone else having this issue? Do the personally uploaded photos need to exactly 1920x1080 to show on the canvas? If so, it would be useful to provide this information like this to guide users when uploading their own photos. 

Message 1 of 6
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @idphotography,

Thank you for the question! It's likely that your Meural is automatically set to the “Orientation Match” by default. For more information on how to change this setting please visit: How do vertical images display in horizontal orientation on my Meural Canvas, and vice versa?.

Although there are no restrictions on the image size, there are some recommendations to optimize the how the image is displayed on your digital canvas.The following image dimensions are recommended:   Horizontal files, 16:9 ratio, cropped to fit 1920 x 1080 and for vertical files, 9:16 ratio, cropped to fit 1080 x 1920.   The Meural Canvas will adjust the look of a file so that it will look great no matter what format you put on it. You should make sure that your photo is cropped to 16:9 first though (even though the Meural can crop it for you). That way you get the exact crop and look you want.   Meural is a specialized 1080p LCD optimized for art and photography. The photo will be re-sampled to 1920x1080 automatically by the frame. Here is the help article on using your own files Can I use a micro SD card to show my own images or videos on a Meural Canvas?.

Also, here are a few more things to consider:   It is recommended to optimize images for 100 dpi (dots per inch).   RAW Files are not supported. Please see the link provided above for the supported formats.If you have a mix of images formatted in portrait and landscape you may want to check out our swivel mount option.

We'd love to hear if this information was helpful. If you need further assistance we'd love to hear more about the steps you took to upload your photos so we can continue troubleshooting. 

Kind Regards,

ChristineT

Message 2 of 6
Barsuf
Aspirant

Previous playlists sent to canvas have displayed without a problem.  I just set up a new playlist and uploaded it (repeatedly) but only the first two photos I put in the playlist are displayed on the meural 1 canvas.  Can you help?

Model: MC227| Meural Canvas
Message 3 of 6
mappel
Initiate

I've also uploaded many images to the Meural Canvas, and none of them are showing up.  I've turned off the option to only show images that pertain to the current orientation, and I've sent images in the proper 16:9 aspect ratio, in the correct format. what am I missing?

Model: MC321| Meural Canvas II
Message 4 of 6
NG_Team
NETGEAR Moderator

The Meural canvas will scale the images (sepending on the settings you have set up for your canvas), so getting an exact 1920x1080 size isn't required.  (Bit if the image is in an odd size, then if you choose Fill for the canvas it will be stretched oddly.  There are a few things you can check:

1) The Meural canvas only supports images sizes that are 4k or less (it will scale these down to 1920x1080)

2) You'll need to make sure the images are in a format that Meural supports.  You can find all of the supported image types at https://kb.netgear.com/000060767/What-image-and-video-formats-does-the-Meural-Canvas-support

3) If you have orientation match turned on, make sure that you have at least some images in your playlist that have images in that orientation, otherwise nothing will show since none of the images fit that criteria.

Regards,

Meural Team

Message 5 of 6
mappel
Initiate

I just figured out what is going on.  When I try to upload my own pictures, they don't go immediately to the canvas device, they go to the cloud, and from there I have to pick the ones I want to actually display on the canvas.  I don't fully understand the 2 step effort, but this seems to be the reason that my original pictures were NOT appearing.  AFter choosing pictures to "go to the canvas" I then must go into the app, in the "My Studio" section and whoose "Works" From here choose the "uploads" section and then pick which pictures I want to actually display on the canvas. This extra step of going into "my Studio" was not understood from the copious instructions I recieved with my canvas.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays