Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
0 Kudos

Google Home Support for Meural Canvas

Hi there

I love my Meural to bits and love the content on it. I am missing Google Home / Google Assistant support on it. I wonder if you can give the following ideas some thought.

I would like to suggest that Google Home / Google Assistant support gets added in controlling the Meural Canvas.

The following use cases comes to mind:

Google Assistant

1. Need to be able to group Group Meural Canvasas -- Put all Meural Canvases in a Group e.g. Living Room Canvases
  2. Need to be able to Switch on / Wake the Canvas / Canvases or Canvas Group --  So that you can say: Hey Google, switch on Meural; Hey Google, switch on Living Room Canvases.
  3. Need to be able to Switch off / Put to sleep the Canvas / a Canvas Group -- So that you can say: Hey Google, switch off Meural; Hey Google, switch off the Living Room Canvases.
  4. Need to be able to Show Next picture in Play list -- Hey Google, show next picture on Canvas / Meural.
  5. Need to be able to Show Previous picture in Play list -- Hey Google, show previous picture on Canvas / Meural.

Google Home App

1. Need to be able to group Group Meural Canvasas -- Put all Meural Canvases in a Group e.g. Living Room Canvases
  2. Need to be able to Switch on / Wake the Canvas / Canvases or Canvas Group. Similar to plug control.
  3. Need to be able to Switch off / Put to sleep the Canvas / a Canvas Group. Similar to plug control.
  4. Need to be able to Show Next picture in Play list. Button in Google Home App.
  5. Need to be able to Show Previous picture in Play list. Button in Google Home App.

These would be great.

Kind regards,

Skalk from Wellington.

2 Comments
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Kardon6,

Thank you for these suggestions for future support features of the Meural Canvas.

I will bring this to the attention of my team!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

kardon6
Aspirant

Hi @KevinLiT 

Are there any more news on this development request?

Also, google has now made available the Google Home Automation Script Editor. This should now be easier to automate with Google Home.

At the moment there is no Device type for Meural on the Google Supported Devices Page. Perhaps the first thing to do is to get in touch with Google and find out how the Meural can become a Supported Device "Photo Frame" / "Art Display" / "Art Canvas".

2023-09-12 11_53_18-Supported-devices-Google-Home-Developers.png