Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?

Google Photos

Does anyone have any creative ideas on how to take a google photo ablum (mispelled on purpose because apparantly you cant use that word in the forum?)  and map it to a Meural Playlist? I can't seem to find any API's that I could right script or a tool to do this with.

Thanks

J

6 Comments
KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello JKing3,

Thank you for the question. At this time, streaming through 3rd party apps (Dropbox, Flicker, Google Photos, etc. is not available.

Regards,

NETGEAR Meural Community Team

schumaku
Guru

Facing the small storage available on the Meural cloud, allowing to link the ubiquitous Google Photos, Apple Photos, Flicker images and albums is the way to go. Everything left to the Meural App and Web UI is marking the "allowed" Albums to be shown. This would introduce the much better playlist (album) handling on these platforms, too.

This is a mandatory feature.

RonGoss
Novice

NETGEAR needs to figure out a way for Google photos to be uploaded to the mueral canvas. It is very disappointing to be locked in to only Apple's iOS. ( apple photos) 

LMTM
Follower

Please update the Meural app to include access to Google Drive, etc. It would be far easier for those of us who take professional photographs to upload high resolution images. Phone pic access doesn't cut it and neither does using an SD card since the card has the be set up just right and recognized by the Meural. Plus, the SD card doesn't link any of the images to the phone app.  It's just outdated and kind of messy. 

mamabear5
Initiate

I regret purchasing the Meural... for this reason.  No google photos or google drive support?  No dropbox?  What a waste of such a beautiful display.

MJVP
Fledgling

I just received my Meural Canvas frame and I am disappointed that I cannot easily drag and drop from google photos into a playlist.  I have to d/l my photos and then upload.  Awkward and time consuming.  This should be easier.