Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?

Larger Size and Smaller transformer plug

It's nice that you have choices in sizes but would like to see a larger frame than the original one.

The wall transformer/plug needs to be greatly reduced in size.  When we had an electrician bury the plug in the wall, we needed an absolutely HUGE box - to contain the plug.  The frames look so much better without the plug hanging down when they are mounted on a wall without "sitting" on a table.

Love, love my meural so hope to see these improvements

3 Comments
schumaku
Guru

The right way to go is to use a built-in power supply with just a "8"or  Mickey Mouse or IEC socket on the frame. External power adapters are simply junk and had to hide behind the frame. Netgear does it perfectly right on the bigger Ethernet switches.

ArtLover
Follower

I would love to see a much bigger size such as (40" diagonal?) and would be happy to pay double the price as a single large one can be used on larger walls and also be used in commercial settings where the space tends to be larger.  This would be useful in architectural firms, real estate, design companies, or just retail.

Jeffgear
Luminary

It should be possible to purchase a laptop style power module with the correct DC power output that could be more easily installed in the cavity wall. RS Components are a good source for PSUs. 

Also, if the Ethernet interface on the Canvas II supported Power over Ethernet (PoE) then it would be much easier to install and hard wire back to a suitable PoE switch with a single cable. But I suspect the power requirement is higher than PoE supports and most consumers don't have a suitable PoE switch.