Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?

Smoother image transitions

Current image transitions between artwork are rather jarring, and refresh surprisingly slowly - you can see the image move onto the screen from left to right. The jarring transition effect attracts attention towards the frame even when you're currently looking elsewhere, making it more apparent that the frame is digital and that the artwork changed. This is especially unproductive in a work environment, where people's focus can be actively pulled away from their work. Artwork changes should happen as unnoticeably as possible, both to keep people focused and to make the frame look more natural.

More smooth transitions, such as fades between each piece of artwork, would be preferable. A setting to be able to choose transition effect, and maybe even set duration of such an effect, would be amazing.

3 Comments
ArtLover
Follower

On a related note, the device is very slow to update when rotated and stays black for a few seconds.  It's long enough to be annoying and make one question whether it has lost power.  I don't know if it's a caching issue or a slow processor but even if memory is somewhat constrained, it should not be too hard to pre-fetch a single image of the non-active orientation.

kardon6
Aspirant

I second this option. The canvas needs to stay in the background, transitions should be available to fade with a new image.

kardon6
Aspirant

Hi There

Me would like smoother image transitions! They are very distracting and jarred. The image transitions on a big screen (2m x 6m) is much smoother.

S