Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Re: Desktop Storage

Jo-L
Aspirant

Desktop Storage

Had an upgrade come through 2 days ago and it downloaded new firmware 6.10.3 - it is now chewing up all my bandwidth and as a result of the upgrade very large uploads are happening at regular intervals when usually I am just synching small amounts of data.. This is not good as I am unable to work on my wifi connected computer - the speed is down to 9.7....... HELP !!!!!!  I am a home business & need my computer & home cloud system to be working properly......  I cannot contact anyone in support - I just go round in circles.... very frustrating not very good client support, no good having products to sell, if it frustrates the hell out of your customers when they need help!!!.

Sorry the correct board option for this is not available so I just took a pick.....

Model: RN10211D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (1x 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 4
edsi2fe_7hg
Aspirant

Try to keep it in default stage. I mean remove what you set to sync. Disconnect all devices from network without that one. Now you'll understand the situation better.

Message 2 of 4
Jo-L
Aspirant

Thanks for taking the time to respond...... it is in default as far as I can understand what you mean, as nothing has changed in the set up for the last 5 years, there are only 2 computers that access the storage system and usually only 1 computer is accessing it which is my laptop. 

The uploading of 1 folder from my hardrive is 10% per hour level and when it hits 100% it starts all over again so it is constantly uploading and chewing up bandwidth - it is not synching like it used to for this one folder.

This has only started to happen with the last 2 netgear upgrades........the last one being 2 days ago which has slowed it down even more.  Firmware is 6.10.3.

As I do not understand the mechanics of the process, and it is ok on 1 folder which is very big and not the other which is half as big, my common sense is at a loss to identify where the issue could be other than it has something to do with the upgrades......

Message 3 of 4
edsi2fe_7hg
Aspirant

As you already understand I do not have the expertise nor do I have the device. Anyway, I meant you remove those files/folders too. Keep nothing to sync. If bandwidth consumes yet, you may assume it is either Netgear's will or something wrong with settings.

Make the device be alone in network with no network mate or anything to sync. You can try changing file/folder too. I mean you test out, you may want to see where traffic is going using a monitoring tool like WireShark.

After examining. Download the firmware from Netgear and install again. See if you get any trail.

Model: MC321| Meural Canvas II
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays