Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Re: Meural app crashing CONSTANTLY on latest iOS

Poillon
Follower

Meural app crashing CONSTANTLY on latest iOS

Is anyone else having their app CONSTANTLY freeze almost as soon as they open it? I've got an iPhone 11 Pro Max running up to date iOS and every time I open the app I may be able to do one thing (like open a link to an artist) and then the app completely freezes and I can't navigate up/down nor click any more links. I have to force quit and restart the app, and then the same thing will happen again, usually after the first or second (at most) action attempted.
Message 1 of 17
Sweet877
Initiate

Yes same thing here with same phone as yours and updated iOS
Message 2 of 17
jerryzurek
Tutor

I did the same as you: restarting the app. I found that the app started working after a few minutes. I wonder if it was busy downloading the paintings I selected and had to catch up.

Model: MC321| Meural Canvas II
Message 3 of 17
GuySie
Tutor

Agreed, the new app update has made it unstable to the point of being unusable. I can usually get max 1 action (eg switch playlist) out of it before it freezes. I've resorted to using the web interface instead, which is of course sub-optimal for a mobile device.

iOS version 14.0.1, iPhone Xs model, version 5.0.7.3228 of the app.

Model: MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 4 of 17
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jerryzurek & GuySie, 

Are you still experiencing issues regarding the Meural app? 

Christian 

Message 5 of 17
Sweet877
Initiate

I am still getting issues with crashing
Message 6 of 17
jerryzurek
Tutor

Yes, the app seems to freeze for 30 seconds after I make a selection. Sometimes the app then responds. Sometimes it doesn’t.
Message 7 of 17
GuySie
Tutor

Yes, the app still crashes constantly. I also asked your twitter team about this, but they only managed to tell me that the Orbi app was updated 😉 so that didn't help much. 

If you need beta testers, I'm happy to help. I really want to see this product succeed. But I don't think you guys can charge this much for a digital art frame when the app simply does not work as required for even basic use of the product.

Message 8 of 17
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Meural Community, 

Thanks for confirming. If you're experiencing issues, may you send me a private message with the info below. 

Meural App Version: (please also specify if it's iOS or Android) 

Merural Canvas Model Number: 

Thank you,

Christian 

Message 9 of 17
Bheaning
Aspirant

The app started off working but as I was sending and album to the canvas the app crashed and I cannot get it to work again. I tried reinstalling it, but no dice. Please help.
Message 10 of 17
cavanbuskirk
Initiate

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello Meural Community, 

Thanks for confirming. If you're experiencing issues, may you send me a private message with the info below. 

Meural App Version: (please also specify if it's iOS or Android) 

Merural Canvas Model Number: 

Thank you,

Christian 

Hi Christian,

I am using IOS 14.1 and the Meurual Canvas II. Every time I open the app it freezes and then closes very quickly after. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It worked long enough for me to click once on canvas and then it froze and quickly closed again. I bought this picture frame not long ago and now it is basically worthless as I am no longer able to add no pictures or control the pictures that show. Please help! 

Message 11 of 17
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello cavanbuskirk, 

Are you able to install the Meural app and access the app on a different mobile device? Please message me your Apple ID. 

Thanks,
Christian 

Message 12 of 17
mwyyz
Tutor

I just purchased this expensive digital photo frame and now thinking of returning it ONLY because it crashes with one or two actions within the iOS app.  We can live with 16:9 instead of 3:2 even though it ruins a lot of photos, but this app crashing every action or two is unbelievable!

Message 13 of 17
Teamjulich
Aspirant

Greetings! App works great on my iPhone 8, but crashes immediately upon opening on my wife’s iPhone 10x. Help!!
Message 14 of 17
jerryzurek
Tutor

I have been running a beta of the app and Meural is working to fix problems. Beta is working much better. Still a few little bugs but almost there. 

Message 15 of 17
Ohms
Aspirant

My IOS app keeps crashing as well so I am unalbe to upload any photos, rendering the device useless

Message 16 of 17
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Ohms, 

We currently have a beta Meural App version available that may help address your issues. Please refer to the link below for more info.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Meural-Canvas/Beta-Testers-for-the-Meural-App-iOS/m-p/2013107#M669

Christian 

Message 17 of 17
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays