× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: 4GX Advanced III (Netgear AirCard 810S) not opening

sinan60
Aspirant

4GX Advanced III (Netgear AirCard 810S) not opening

Hi

I have a problem with my 4GX Advanced III (Netgear AirCard 810S), when I push the power bottom it shows Telestar and 4XG and then go to black screen with "Shutting down" , it stay for long time

please advice 

Thanks in advance

Model: AirCard 810S|Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III
Message 1 of 14
AyeAyeAye
Apprentice

The infamous Telstra/810 problem.

Remove the battery (and charger) for 5 minutes. Try again with charger on only see if you can connect - then battery insert, you may end up in your usual cycle.

Try with charger only (will run with no battery).

This usually happens when the battery is far too low/firmware playing up (firmware will protect against strange battery voltage issues to protect a device from overheating).

Best use a charger/cable with adequate voltage not any cable/usb plug, preferable the original lead/plug.

You may try and charge for a few hours and see if that works or just jump ahead:

With battery removed & on usb power only, connect to Wifi and go to Admin/192.168.1.1 (this may differ on Telstra, the logon details should be on your Aircard),login and look for the ‘reset’ to factory defaults.

MiFI devices are mini computer devices, like Windows, iOS etc etc sometimes you just need to reset to default.
Message 2 of 14
sinan60
Aspirant

Dear AyeAyeAye

First of all I would like to thank you for your reply.

I tried all what you mentioned above but still not opening, 

The screen of AC810S show battery charged 100% and it is asking me to remove the cable

with USB cable I can see the menu of  AC 810S in my Laptop, I did the RESET many times but again it is not opening 

When I remove the battery, push the power bottom for long time and connect the USB cable, the screen shows Update but because there is no Internet it did not get the update.

Firmware

Firmware Version: NTG9X40C_10.13.02.00
Firmware Build Date: 2015/09/03
Web App Version: AC810S-1TLAUS_03.03.102.13
Bootloader Version: NTG9X40C_10.13.02.00
Hardware Version: 1.0
TRU-Install: PHS_TELSTRA_B4059

Device

Model: AirCard 810S
AC810S Manager: http://m.home
PRI Version: 1266601, 01.22
Power State: Offline
Current temperature: 33°C
Current voltage: 4307mV
Battery charge level: 100%
Battery status: Normal
Battery temperature: 34

WWAN Info

IP Address: 0.0.0.0
IPv6 Address:

Please advice

Model: AirCard 810S (Telstra)|Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III
Message 3 of 14
AyeAyeAye
Apprentice

You shouldn’t need to push power on mains only with battery removed, I wonder if doing that is actually activating ‘update search’ ?? I recall a
old MIFI of mine doing the same, power button on mains only is a forced update, that might apply to this Telstra model?.

I would remove the battery & sim, plug in (don’t push power - I’d expect it to know the battery is not there) then see if it boots then to connect to Wi-fi and reset again.

When resetting with a sim in there sometimes updates will happen or it will force search at least and the possible download takes priority (as a security measurement).

Certainly remove bat & sim, mains only connect and see if you can reset from the menu.

Maybe the battery is faulty? It could be saying 100% but the anomaly is that it isn’t, if the above doesn’t help borrow a battery or spend 20 bucks on eBay.

I hated Telstra firmware/software, Big Pond modem firmware were even worse as a division of Telstra lol. Worked fine in Europe tho, better than Oz, go figure!!
Message 4 of 14
AyeAyeAye
Apprentice

Also just found this on a google, might help (it is T crowd support so maybe not, but more likely than any T (sales) shop could help, T Flagship Collins, Melbourne were a right incompetent lot!).

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/mobile-broadband/telstra-advance-iii-issue-quot-shutting-down...
Message 5 of 14
sinan60
Aspirant

Hi

I did all but unfortunatly same, the screen not opening3d5bb327-2750-4f25-91b6-ebf84dd9e127.jpg

Message 6 of 14
AyeAyeAye
Apprentice

Definitely try another battery if you can borrow one. 

My old dad worked on electronics and if I know one thing never trust a software/OS battery gauge over testing the battery & voltage reading itself. 

What does it display plugged into the mains with the battery out ? The same ? 

Message 7 of 14
sinan60
Aspirant

Thanks, I will .

Message 8 of 14
AyeAyeAye
Apprentice

Was editing as you replied^ 

what does the screen say on mains only with no battery ? Still "shutting down" ? 

If the battery is caput/shorting it can send wrong readings to the OS. 

Can you connect it via usb to computer with no battery ? 

Message 9 of 14
sinan60
Aspirant

Yes I can

Message 10 of 14
AyeAyeAye
Apprentice

That’s very strange, you should be able to power on!
Message 11 of 14
sinan60
Aspirant

Hi

Very strange , I was able to connect it before to my Laptop but now it is not connecting and I can not get the menu

anymore so that I  reset it ?

Message 12 of 14
AyeAyeAye
Apprentice

Is this with or without the battery ? I assume you tried both ?
Message 13 of 14
sinan60
Aspirant

Hi
Yes you are correct with both.
just 3 days ago suddenly it opened , so what I did, I update the software and after that I reset it.
I assumed that it will work so I shut it down.
The next day I tried to open it again but unfortunately like before it show " Shutting down" and the screen is not opening.
when I connect the Cable to my Laptop it shows he setup
I am wondering, is it Hardware or Software problem I did not find that.

Firmware Firmware Version: NTG9X40C_11.14.08.40

Firmware Build Date: 2019/12/01

Web App Version: AC810S-1TLAUS_03.03.102.25

Bootloader Version: NTG9X40C_11.14.08.40

Hardware Version: 1.0 TRU-Install:

PHS_TELSTRA_B4059

Shuttin DownShuttin Down

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo