× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: A6100 HIGH RTT AND GAMING LAG

acela13
Aspirant

A6100 HIGH RTT AND GAMING LAG

Hi. Explain why the whole point of this card is moot after some sort of weird software glitch? It did work just fine, then earlier this month, for whatever reason after an update? High RTT LAG with ALL games via pathping along with AWFUL ping in game AND packet loss happening.

I didn't buy this for it to be a ripoff, and it started doing this past any time a warranty would cover it. To make matters worse, my onboard wifi adapter gets shut off by Windows randomly and refuses to work again until a reboot. However, the stupid part is there's no logic to WHEN it's shutoff, so it can very well go out within 5 minutes or 30 etc. of use.

That was the whole point of buying this, so I could game, but I can't game now, something "broke" and it's clearly a software (or even firmware) issue.

WHAT this issue is I don't know.

Message 1 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Wrong forum - should be moved to WiFi Adapters

Message 2 of 9
acela13
Aspirant

This is not a solution, so I'm not marking it as such.

This forums/this Hewlett Packard tier support is terrible. If you know how to move it, feel free.

Message 3 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Nobody askd to makr as a solution. Most people participating here are community members, Netgear device users only, not Netgear support. As such, we have no moderation rights.

We're not Hewlett Packard here neither. If your computer is made by HP, they might be able to help about what you calim "To make matters worse, my onboard wifi adapter gets shut off by Windows randomly and refuses to work again until a reboot.". 

Message 4 of 9
acela13
Aspirant

No, I'm saying Netgear is as BAD as HP in terms of how they "help" the poor people stuck buying their products.

I would have bought ANY other brand of USB wifi were I able to, but alas, WalMart is the only brick and mortar in my city...

Message 5 of 9
acela13
Aspirant

And your English...

They're two separate sentences man.

The bit about HP

has nothing to do with Windows or an onboard Intel card being the reason I bought the USB card.

Message 6 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Please refer to the forum referenced - there were some ongoing discussions ref. the A6100 drivers.

"This forums/this Hewlett Packard tier support is terrible." My English .. appears I can't decode your sentence properly ... oh well, I'm Swiss ... please sorry. Not sure by how far some kind of comments will help you to get your questions answered in a public worldwide community.

Message 7 of 9

There is another attempt to throw this one into the forum here:

a6c100 HIGH RTT LAG/packet loss! - NETGEAR Communities

Unfortunately, that message is equally hard to understand, with lots of references to stuff that may have nothing to do with Netgear's hardware or software.

Message 8 of 9

@acela13 wrote:
If you know how to move it, feel free.

@schumaku, like most of us, is an unpaid volunteer who uses their extensive knowledge of Netgear devices to help folks who turn up here with problems. So, they can't move the discussion to a place where you would have much higher chances of getting useful feedback.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7