× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

AC330U unlock not working

tjones99
Aspirant

AC330U unlock not working

I contacted Rogers

I provided the IMEI (copied and pasted from the Aircard Watcher and confirmed correct reading the back of the device)

Rogers provided an unlock code. (note this is free and mandated by CRTC in Canada so do not pay for an unlock code)

I ran the Aircard Watcher and inserted the AirCard 330U with a foreign SIM inserted

A dialog popped up saying MEP Locked, Please enter special code

I entered the unlock code provided by Rogers

After a delay the dialog reappears asking for the special code. 

I contacted Rogers and confirmed the unlock code

Any suggestions at this point? 

Model: AirCard 330U (Rogers)|Hotspots
Message 1 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AC330U unlock not working

Hi @tjones99

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please reset the device to factory settings then try the unlock code again. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
tjones99
Aspirant

Re: AC330U unlock not working

Would if I could is probably the most accurate reply to your suggestion of resetting to factory defaults... 

There is no reset procedure that I can find anywhere... and I have looked. I have searched Sierra Wireless and Netgear documents and manuals, I have looked at FCC documents. I have looked at user posted hig resolution images of the AC330U internals and there is no button of any form you can press to reset (contrary to many posts that talk about hard reset on the device). I can find no way in the included Rogers watcher program nor the Netgear Watcher program (Windows, haven't tried Mac). 

So if you are aware of some way to accomplish this factory reset I am all ears... 

Model: AirCard 330U|AirCard 330U
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7