× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

AC781S and Windows 10

kkinderen
Aspirant

AC781S and Windows 10

I tried to tether the AC781S to Windows 10. I installed the NETGEAR AC718S Driver Package. This was probably not a good idea.

The package installed but things have become very slow on the computer. Applications are staring up slower, the computer reboots slower. Internet access isn't bad but it seems to take a few seconds before it starts anything.

I guess the first question is, any chance of tethering the AC781S to Windows 10 properly? If so, what do I need for drivers and such?

Is there a newer hotspot I should consider for use with Windows 10? I don't mind getting the latest if it will work with Win10, ATT, tether and wifi.

Thanks,

Kevin

Model: AirCard 781S (AT&T)|Unite Pro
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AC781S and Windows 10

Hello KKinderen

I have seen where running the ATT software and the Netgear software at the same time has caused issues with the aircards if you have ATT software try to stop that from running and see if that helps.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
kkinderen
Aspirant

Hi Darren:

I'm running no specific software related to the hotspot. Is there something I should have installed?

When I plug in the Unite Pro and check network adapters in device manager I see a new NDIS device.

Maybe there's specific Windows 10 drivers I should be installing but I haven't found where they could be.

Thanks,

Kevin

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello kkinderen

You can try to use aircard watcher see if that works.

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/AirCard%20320U%20(Telstra)#searchResults

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7