× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

AC800S Compatibility with Netgear Cradle DC112A

Gokio
Aspirant

AC800S Compatibility with Netgear Cradle DC112A

I have recently puchased the new AC800S (Optus) and I needed to boost the Wifi and the LTE signal so I puchased a DC112A (Firmware V1.0.0.30_1.0.60) which said it was compatable with most Aircards – However i'm aware this is a brand new Aircard. I've plugged the aircard into the dock and it seems to boost the 4G+ however it doesn't seem to intergrate at all with the Wifi capabilities with the dock. I checked for new Firmware updates for the DC112A however it says nothing is available. Any advice? Is there a way I can force them to pair or force it to use the Aircard's internet? Any help would be most appreciated. 

Message 1 of 34

Accepted Solutions
ROCCAS
Tutor

Re: AC800S Compatibility with Netgear Cradle DC112A

Hi everbody, I can confirm that the cradle now works with the AC800s. A software update arrived today for the AC800s and straight after the update I put it in the cradle and all lights are green. Works great! 

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 29 of 34

All Replies
vivikooo
Aspirant

Does it actually work with AC800S?

Does anyone know how to setup?

Thanks

Model: DC112A|AirCard Smart Cradle
Message 2 of 34
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

yes this aircard should work with the dock.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 34
Gokio
Aspirant

I know that it should work, however it doesn't work. 

The Aircard doesn't recognise the base at all or bridge the wifi networks. It simply uses it as a charging station & potentially the LTE antenna works but I can't confirm this. Hopefully a fireware update will be out soon for either device. 

Message 4 of 34
ROCCAS
Tutor

I also have the same AC800S OPTUS AIRCARD and Netgear DC112A Cradle. I have the same issue that the cradle wont recognise the Aircard. 

Message 5 of 34
ROCCAS
Tutor

Hi DarrenM,

Do you have any more information on when the new firmware may be coming? 

Message 6 of 34
RayZef
Aspirant

It would be nice if Netgear would comment on our problems with compatability of the 800S ans DC112A cradle.

Will you be dipporting the combination? If yes when can we expect the upgraded firmware.

Will both devices need firmware upgrades?

Do you only  support Telsta with your DC112A and not allowed to support Optus?

Thanks

Message 7 of 34
cmar8335
Aspirant

netgear mods!!!

any update on this thread?

Message 8 of 34
Gokio
Aspirant

I've got a fiver that says Netgear don't have mods.. I'll raise that five to bet that we never get an answer on the old DC112A or the AC800S –– so perhaps we could start coding our own firmware to support the dinosaur Netgear.  

Message 9 of 34
cmar8335
Aspirant

a moderatior did comment, a very long time ago though...

Message 10 of 34
RayZef
Aspirant

Anyone know if Nergear monitors this site, or is it left to user to overcome promblems with Netgear compatability promlems?

Thanks

Message 11 of 34
pg252
Aspirant

Looks like I am another one trying to use Optus AC800S

Does not work on the Aircard Smart Cradle

Are Netgear going to issue new Firmware or do I take it that I have made a $250 mistake and put it in the rubbish bin

Message 12 of 34
Gokio
Aspirant

If anyone finds anything out about this or see's a new firmware can they update this thread please? I've been busy hunting for an alternative solution but haven't found one yet. Not ready to throw away the dock. 

Message 13 of 34
cmar8335
Aspirant

ive found a solution for boosting the signal...

onwireless.com.au

they sell antennas that can plug into the modem, as for creating a router TP-Link have a router that you can plug in the modem via usb.

Message 14 of 34
Gokio
Aspirant

Sorry this thread is not about boosting the signal – I'm well aware that an external antenna can be purchased and plugged into either the AC800S or the DC112A both have external antenna ports. 

We want the cradle to boost the wifi capabilities and therefore bridge the internet from modem to wifi cradle. Any update Netgear? 

Message 15 of 34
cmar8335
Aspirant

yeah mate i did state that there was also an option for doing that if you read my whole post. albeit its not very pretty.so i understand why you want the cradle, if you read the whole thread i have been chasing this myself as well. 

Message 16 of 34
Gokio
Aspirant

Sorry mate - I got you. I've already purchased and external antenna for this that's mounted on the roof and working well - I just want to plug into the cradle to get the AC Wifi. Hopefully Netgear will respond sometime soon. 

Message 17 of 34
cmar8335
Aspirant

it doesnt already have AC WIFI?! optus states it does... haha

Message 18 of 34
Gokio
Aspirant

The range on it is pretty average i've found – this is why I want to get the cradle going. 

Message 19 of 34
cmar8335
Aspirant

just got a message from  the guys at antennashop.com.au and they reckon optus is releasing a firmware upgrade for the 800s this week... not sure where he got there source but heres hoping hes on the money. Was upgrading the antenna's worth it???

Message 20 of 34
RayZef
Aspirant

Yes I heard that aswll from a reseller, so wait with baited breath bit not holding it, might die!

Ray Z

Message 21 of 34
RayZef
Aspirant

Optus is suppose to release the firmware upgrade but nothing from them either, looks like Optus & Netgear do not bother with our problems.

Message 22 of 34
Anacra
Aspirant

I just bought the AC800s as well, and would like to buy something to boost the wifi signal at home. The dc112a cradle sounds perfect, but it seems like it doesn't support AC800s? 

Hopefully a firmware update comes out soon, coz I'm ready to buy this cradle.

Message 23 of 34
Fizzyjoon
Aspirant

Any updates on this? I have an AC800S and would like to buy the cradle but want to ensure it works...
Message 24 of 34
Gokio
Aspirant

No mate - I didn't see a Firmware update to get it working. It had no compatibility last time I checked with no updates to the Aircard from Optus or from Netgear. Also noticed that the cradle firmware update system is a little rubbish and couldn't autocheck for new firmware - but I couldn't see firmware on any other Netgear sites. 

Message 25 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7