× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: AC800s bricked? Stuck in “Shutting Down” mode

AC800S_HELP
Aspirant

AC800s bricked? Stuck in “Shutting Down” mode

AC800s stuck showing “Shutting Down” Bricked!

Help!

My AC800s is bricked! When I turn it on, it shows the Optus logo and then the screen goes blank and it says "Shutting Down".

Nothing else happens and will stay like that forever until the batter is removed.

The unit does not have a physical reset button so its impossible to use this. Is the unit bricked? Can it be restarted? Help!!!

Message 1 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @AC800S_HELP

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please contact Optus to better isolate the issue for possible hardware problem. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
AC800S_HELP
Aspirant

That’s a joke right?

Optus told me I had to contact Netgear. Besides, if anyone has ever dealt with Optus customer service they would rather cut their own arm off. Good to see there is no customer service at Netgear either- two companies with identical poor customer values is always a good match.
Message 3 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @AC800S_HELP

May we please confirm where did you purchase the unit? 

AirCard products obtained from an Internet Service Provider (ISP) or an ISP’s authorized reseller/agent receive product warranty repairs from the ISP’s warranty group.  The ISP handles the manufacturer’s warranty while the device is within the warranty period. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 5
AC800S_HELP
Aspirant

I definitely agree- I purchased from Optus.

It’s great you are clear on Netgears terms and conditions. Optus are clear on theirs- all hardware issues are referred to Netgear.

I don’t care who is at fault- you are both crap for sending me between each other.

Good to know Netgear don’t care. I am telling everyone how terrible an experience I have had with Netgear.

Useless company.

Perhaps instead of directing me to Optus and back and forward, it would have been more productive for you to ACTUALLY HELP ME!!!

Unless of course Netgear know that the item has a defect and are trying to avoid a warranty by tying their customers in a he says she says loop. I think that’s exactly what you are trying to do.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7