× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

AC810 users all around the world

TeeJay74
Virtuoso

AC810 users all around the world

What kind of actual upload speeds you have got compared to sim card subscription's nominal upload speed ?

Message 1 of 6
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Re: AC810 users all around the world

I get 20-25 Mbps uplink speed with 300/50 SIM card. When I put this SIM card to Galaxy S7 edge smartphone I get 50 Mbps uplink. This is systematic behavior. I have read couple of other comments that indicate similar behavior. In these cases Huawei E5186 did better with uplink speed when compared to AC810-100EUS(same SIM card). I have started to think could this be something firmware related. It would be useful to know what uplink speeds other user's have got to evaluate this thing further.

Message 2 of 6
Mirix
Tutor

¡Hello! I want to buy a new LTE-Advanced router, and I'm undecided between these 2 models: Huawei e5186 and Netgear AC810. For me, the most important thing is signal stability. The AC810 has not QoS (only WMM, but not QoS) and the e5186 have QoS. It is important for the fluency of transmission, but I do not know if in these 2 models difference is very important .¿Do you have 2 models? ¿Which works best? In my home, now I have cat6 signal and I think cat9 soon. ¡Thank you!!!
Message 3 of 6
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

I have both models. E5186 is an older model and it has some bugs with carrier aggregation. Choice is crystal clear. AC810 has better chipset inside, 3CA and 256-QAM(LTE Cat.11-model). Even the best device needs strong,high quality signal and services to show its best performance. New Aircard Smart Cradle will be soon released and according to manual, it has QoS. I have also pre-ordered this Smart Cradle. Netgear and Qualcomm, I believe in your products and highly recommend them to anyone who is interested in 4G LTE-A high performance.

Message 4 of 6
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

if you have patience to await a little more, Netgear MR1100 is expected to launch Q1 / 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPe0DU0SSX8

Message 5 of 6
Mirix
Tutor

The AC810 device with a high performance cradle would be a very good solution for us. A set with more functionality than the e5186. The acual DC112c cradle (compatible with AC810S), has some problems, some bugs:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/AirCard-LTE-Hotspots-Gateways/DC112A-Firmware-problems/td-p/1108249

I'll be aware if any firmware update resolve the issues.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7