× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

AIRCARD 340u

JeffMartz
Aspirant

AIRCARD 340u

I insert SIM card. Plug device into Macbook Pro 2016 using USB-C dongle. It powers up. "Ready to connect" displayed on the screen and that's it. Nothing shows up on the Macbook. I followed the instructions in the solved thread by installing the new driver that was released in October and the watcher software never shows up. I see it in my network interfaces, the computer is seeing the device the software is just not installing for me. I downloaded AT&T's software and it opens up but tells me there is no device connected.

I can confirm the same thing happens on my Windows 10 machine. Modem powers up, says "ready to connect" but I have no way to make it actually connect.  Let me ask the obvious question. Why are we jumping through hoops to get this thing working? It's an AT&T device with an AT&T SIM installed. I should plug it in and it should just work. Alcatel W800 I put T-MOBILE SIM card in and plugged it into this same laptop and it was working within seconds providing a fantastic connection. Unfortunately it doesn't work with AT&T.

I'm getting ready to send this piece of crap back to Amazon. It's probably filled with security holes like your routers anyway.

Model: AirCard 340U (AT&T)|AT&T Beam
Message 1 of 2
techcrazy
Aspirant

Re: AIRCARD 340u

You should download and install Aircard Watcher for Mac OS from here: http://kb.netgear.com/27655/AC340U-Telus-Downloads-and-Documentation?cid=wmt_netgear_organic  and ready to install. With the device unplugged, install the Aircard Watcher Software.  It may or may not ask you to restart.

Download the Sierra file from http://kb.netgear.com/26983/AirCard-340U-AT-T-Beam-Downloads-and-Documentation?cid=wmt_netgear_organ...

Plug the device into the Mac, open the downloaded Sierra file and open the folder and install the file labeled Drivers_10.9.pkg. The Mac will direct you to restart, once it restarts, open the Aircard Watcher app and give it a bit then the device will be recognized and you'll be good to go.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7