× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

AIrcard 790 remote access

Jacoba
Tutor

AIrcard 790 remote access

I have the follwoing set up at a remote house.

There are two Air Card 790 mobile hotspots, both in DC112A cradles running different networks. There is a computer (Mac) at the house that is connected to both, one via ethernet and one via wireless.

I can access the remote computer  and run Netgear Genie, I can see both DC112A cradle / routers and login in separtely, however when ever I try to access the Air Cards remotely via any method I only get the unit that is in the cradle connected via ethernet. In the network settings on the Mac the ethernet is the priority net work. I'm reluctanct to turn this inactive as I'm not sure that the "wireless" Aircard is connected to internet as not seeing any usage on my account. If there is a problem then I'll lose access to the remote computer. Can anyone advise alternate strategy.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Jacoba
Tutor

Re: AIrcard 790 remote access

I've found the issue, its related to the cellular hotspot service that we use. Also found an alternative way of access remotely so all good at this time.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Jacoba, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Can you ping the "wireless" Aircard? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Jacoba, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Jacoba
Tutor

I've found the issue, its related to the cellular hotspot service that we use. Also found an alternative way of access remotely so all good at this time.

Message 4 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Jacoba, 

Thank you for the update and glad to know that it is now working. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7