× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

AT&T MR1100 Ethernet Port inop

cmyorke1
Aspirant

AT&T MR1100 Ethernet Port inop

I am using an AT&T branded Nighthawk MR1100. It recently updated firmware to 12.05.05.12. Since this update I am not able to connect to the ehternet port with any devices. I was using it with a Linksys Velop node and was working fine until the update. I was also able to connect my laptop to ethernet but am not able to currently.  The device was working correctly prior to the firmware update. 

Can anyonne provide assistance. 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 28
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: AT&T MR1100 Ethernet Port inop

We are actively working on this issue. 

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Regards

Message 2 of 28
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Could you please advise when the issue happens on ethernet port, do you still can connect to WiFi and browse the internet?

Thanks

Message 3 of 28
cmyorke1
Aspirant

Yes i am still able to connect to WIFI and browse. Once connected to ethernet there is no internet available through the port. 

Message 4 of 28
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Did you also connect your MR1100 to your computer using USB cable at the same time you were using ethernet port?

Message 5 of 28
cmyorke1
Aspirant

No I didn't. For my purposes I need the Ethernet port to work correctly not the USB. I haven't tried using it.
Message 6 of 28
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks for the confirmation. 

Message 7 of 28
cmyorke1
Aspirant

Is there any further update to this concern? It is very fruystrating not being able to use my device.

Message 8 of 28
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

We are going to release a fix soon. Would you like to help us to verify the new release?

Are you using AT&T retail SIM card or FirstNet SIM card?

Thanks

Message 9 of 28
cmyorke1
Aspirant

I would be willing to help.
I am using an at&t retail sim.
Message 10 of 28
cmyorke1
Aspirant

Do you have an ETA when the update may be available? 

Message 11 of 28
7E4
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are experiencing the same problem.  AT&T branded Nighthawk purchased directly from AT&T in the United States.  We have the original Nighthawk which does NOT include FirstNet band 14.  The ethernet port has worked perfectly for years.  Now all of a sudden, the ethernet port no longer works.  We have rebooted the Nighthawk numerous times but can not get the ethernet port to work.  The Nighthawk reboots successfully without any errors.  Everything on the Nighthawk appears to work perfectly except the ethernet port no longer works.  Please fix this ethernet port issue as soon as possible.

Message 12 of 28
7E4
Aspirant
Aspirant

John Peng states "We are going to release a fix soon."  Disabling the ethernet port has broken this LTE solution for customers using wired devices.  These wired-only customers will not have internet access until the new firmware reaches their Nighthawks.  As such please escalate and fast track the new firmware containing the fix through Netgear and AT&T.  What date can customers expect to receive the new firmware?

Message 13 of 28
cmyorke1
Aspirant

Couple of questions. Who else got the updated release client for verification? Who else is not able to install the updated frimware? 

I have installed the drivers and run the .exe, I get to a poiont that says switching device to boot and hold mode, then it just stops there. After a couple of minutes it will finally show an error, firmware download failed, primary error code: 67 - firmware update process timeout. 

Once this happens the nodem is stuck with only netgear displaying on the screen of the device. I have to remove the battery and disconnect from laptop then it will reset and I can start the whole thing over again.

I have tried multiple cables, I have charged the battery, removed the battery, switched usb port on the laptop. 

Message 14 of 28
7E4
Aspirant
Aspirant

The botched firmware update that disabled the ethernet port was reported to Netgear on Jan 15.  As this broke the device for wired customers you would think Netgear would resolve the issue in 1 or 2 business days.  Now it's Jan 26.  No resolution yet.  And when customers repeatedly ask Netgear when the fix will arrive, there is no response.

Message 15 of 28
cmyorke1
Aspirant

And repeatedly advised it was affecting AT&T devices. Then send updated firmware to AT&T users, to verify, that isn't even for their device.
Message 16 of 28
7E4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Netgear moderators, for the original AT&T branded Nighthawk LTE hotspot without band 14, what date can customers expect the ethernet port fix to reach them? @Blanca_O  @JohnPeng

Message 17 of 28
cmyorke1
Aspirant

Apparently there are multiple AT&T SKUs. The release they sent to me was for MR1100-2A1NAS and could not be flashed to mine. When I inquired they stated there would be a release today for verification but I have yet to recieve it. The SKU for mine is MR1100ABS-2A1NAS. 

Mine does have band 14 though and the ethernet port is inop.

Message 18 of 28
7E4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks John.  I got your PM.  I will find the SKU details for you.

Message 19 of 28
7E4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JohnPeng

My SKU = MR1100-1A1NAS

This is a consumer AT&T branded Nighthawk purchased directly from AT&T.

The last firmware update disabled the ethernet port.  We need the ethernet port turned back on as soon as possible.

Message 20 of 28
Scottjohnsonatt
Aspirant

I just recently sold 2 Nighthawk AT&T LTE mobile hotspot routers in the ethernet is still not working is there a firmware update for this?
Message 21 of 28
Scottjohnsonatt
Aspirant

Did you get yours to work I recently have two brand new ones in the ethernet ports are not working
Message 22 of 28
cmyorke1
Aspirant

I never got mine to work but it was because they were enterprise models. They have an ABS in the model code. Those models are set to not allow USB or Ethernet tethering. If you bought them new I would think they are not Enterprise but could be wrong.
Message 23 of 28
Cburdine4
Aspirant

I’m having this issue. Did yours ever get resolved?
Message 24 of 28
lukelu
Aspirant

Got the same issue (We are using ATT bussiness plan). Wifi works but ethernet doesn't.

Message 25 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7