× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: AT&T Nighthawk M1 Firmware Broken

AAyers
Aspirant

AT&T Nighthawk M1 Firmware Broken

I have 4 MR1100's and they work great! They are the latest firmware (NTG9X50C_12.02.06.00) and 2 work fine... 2 are having firmware issues with the Ethernet Port.

I noticed on the 2 working units, they have features that the broken ones dont. This includes the "Tethering" option, and DLNA. 

I noticed on the 2 broken units, they are missing the Tethering and DLNA functions, but these offer a MTU Size setting.

These were upgraded within 15 minutes of each other. Why would some work and some not? I am combining these into a PepLink multi-wan Load Balancer t get a faster speed overall, but I can't when the thernet ports are not working as they should. I've done many hard resets and tried to see if I could reflash the firmware to a clean one. 

uhm-1.PNG

uhm-2.PNG

These are them side by side taken at the same time, notice how one offer smore than the other? I think this si why I cant tether over Ethernet anymore. 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you tried clearing your web browser cache, closing your web browser and reopening the web admin page?

Have you tried a different web browser?

Message 2 of 7
AAyers
Aspirant

Yes, I have used incognito mode and Edge (I NEVER use that browser). Even on a new router IP.
Message 3 of 7
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi AAyers,

They are releasing a new firmware soon.

Please be patient. :]

- Jason N

Message 4 of 7
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Hi Jason,

Can you clarify which countries/carriers will be releasing new firmware soon? I’ve seen you say new firmware was coming soon to a couple different threads from different countries each of which are currently on different firmware versions.

Thank you!
Jonathan
Message 5 of 7
tsoetant
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Aayers,

Could you please get the screenshots for those 4 units again under Nighthawk M1 status > Device page? Need to see if devices successfully upgraded.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
Sean101
Aspirant

Hi Aayers,

Greetings!

May I know what are the SKU's of the MR1100 that you had from AT&T? Some MR1100 has some features disable depending on it's SKU's.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7