× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Accessing Wired DSL Modem THROUGH LB2120

Slamfire
Aspirant

Accessing Wired DSL Modem THROUGH LB2120

My wired connection has been flaky lately so I purchased the LB2120 for backup in the event the wired goes down. The LB2120 is connected between a Nighthawk router and my DSL modem.

I just finished setting it up and it works great in terms of the DSL modem going down this steps in to provide internet pretty quick. However, my issue - I can't access the DSL modem (internal IP) for managing/troubleshooting it with the LB2120 in place. Anyone else have a similar issue or know of a possible cause/solution?

LB2120 is in router mode @ 192.168.0.10; DSL modem is at 192.168.0.1, and Nighthawk (which PC is connected through) is at 192.168.1.2 - and passing out DHCP in this range. Everything Nighthawk and down is fine - I'm just not sure how to pass up from the LB2120 to the wired DSL modem.

Thanks for any input.

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Slamfire
Aspirant

Re: Accessing Wired DSL Modem THROUGH LB2120

In the event someone stumbles on this from Google or whatnot...

If your wired internet connection is down (but still physically connected); you will not be able to browse to that device (DSL/cable modem for example) from within your network THROUGH the LTE modem. As soon as my wired DSL connection was repaired and the LTE modem realized the "wire line" was good I was able to connect through the LB2120 to manage the DSL modem.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Slamfire
Aspirant

Quick comment on the above - is this a known or planned function? For example if the wired connection is down does it attempt to reroute any and all traffic away from that (including IP address traffic trying to get to the DSL modem)?

I've not had the chance to try accessing it with the wired connection active and just realized maybe it would make a difference, shot in the dark but wasn't sure.

Message 2 of 3
Slamfire
Aspirant

In the event someone stumbles on this from Google or whatnot...

If your wired internet connection is down (but still physically connected); you will not be able to browse to that device (DSL/cable modem for example) from within your network THROUGH the LTE modem. As soon as my wired DSL connection was repaired and the LTE modem realized the "wire line" was good I was able to connect through the LB2120 to manage the DSL modem.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7