× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Admin password

Marlee222
Follower

Admin password

I've just purchased the Nighthawk M1 MR1100 mobile router.  trying to log into the admin page but the default passwork is not working.  I've tried admin & password but nothing is working. 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 1 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Marlee222

If it is not accepting the admin password then the next step is to factory reset the unit. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 6
dentsup
Aspirant

I have the same problem; I cannot log into the router. I am using Genie 2.4.60. Using default of ádmin' and 'password'. Tells me the password is incorrect. I have done a hard reset (pressed the reset button) three times. M1 registers it is doing a factory reset but I still cannot log in.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dentsup

May we please know the exact model of your M1 Nighthawk router? You can also check M1 settings vis Web GUI. Here's how:

- Open a web browser

- Enter http://192.168.1.1

- Enter the administrator login password. 

*** The password is case-sensitive. 

Please let us know of the result. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 6
W1lliam
Virtuoso

From my own experience, once you had done reset to factory default, you would need to connect to M1 via web browser and it will ask for new admin password, change from there and it should work with Apps afterward.

William

Message 5 of 6
JERodgers
Aspirant

Ive been having a tough time trying to find a password for the admin login and finally found out that since I had a ATT-WIFI-Mobile Router the admin password was attadmin. I called connected with att support on the web site and tried for around an hour to get them to help reset it or send a code or something but didnt help. The next day I asked someone on Ebay who were selling them and they let told me if it was an att then the password was attadmin.

Who would have ever thought they would do something like that huh? Hope this helps someone because I had almost decided to give up. That should be on the Box or the insert.

@Marlee222 wrote:

I've just purchased the Nighthawk M1 MR1100 mobile router.  trying to log into the admin page but the default passwork is not working.  I've tried admin & password but nothing is working. 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7